At a private dinner, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster reportedly mocked Trump's intelligence, stating that his intelligence was comparable to a "kindergartner." Citing five sources, BuzzFeed reports that during the same conversation he also reportedly called the President an "idiot" and a "dope." A spokesperson for the National Security Council said the story was “false”.
Another source said that this wasn't the first time McMaster has called Trump's intelligence into question, citing a separate event where he suggested that Trump was not capable of understanding the issues the National Security Council deals with.
This isn't the first time a high-ranking member of Trump's administration has called his intelligence into question. Earlier this year Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly called the President a "moron.”
More from Fortune.com
- Strangers Are Throwing Money at Woman Who Gave Trump the Finger
- The Future of Coal Remains Bleak One Year After Trump's Election
- Uber Wants to Enroll Drivers in Obamacare Amid Trump Administration Cuts
- CVS Health Leads Opioid Prescription Limitations as Trump Declares Public Health Emergency
- Trump Congratulates China's President Xi Jinping on His 'Extraordinary Elevation'