LAS VEGAS, NV and BLOOMFIELD, CT--(Marketwired - Jun 26, 2013) - Global health service company Cigna (
"Transportation companies have been waiting for a solution that could easily and economically be integrated into their existing benefit program," said Bob Perry, president and founder of Rolling Strong, also known as The Trucker Trainer™. "With our partnership with Cigna we will be able to complete our wellness 'wheel' of services for professional drivers nationwide giving them a comprehensive, seamless program."
Through this agreement, Cigna and Rolling Strong will be offering discounts on their services to mutual customers. Further, Cigna and Rolling Strong staff will be intimately familiar with each other's services which ultimately increases their customers' engagement in the array of tools and resources that each company provides.
"Professional bus and truck drivers spend long periods of time behind the wheel and tend to grab meals on the go, so their work environment makes it difficult for them to be engaged in their health," said Rhonda Toole, Cigna's vice president for Health and Wellness Engagement. "The collaboration between Cigna and Rolling Strong is an excellent opportunity to help drivers improve their health by focusing on increased physical activity and better nutrition, and by providing easy access to health coaching and health screenings."
Rolling Strong has developed the Driver Wellness Program as a unique program designed for drivers for where they work and live -- on the road. The company has been developing the program over the past few years with input from thousands of drivers and industry leaders from all aspects of the transportation industry. Today, several thousand professional drivers know what it means to "roll strong" and are proud to carry their Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Program Card as a symbol of better health.
"Adopting an effective wellness program has historically been challenging for transportation companies due to the lack of ability to reach and engage drivers where they work, out on the road," shared Shawna Larson, vice president with McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc., a full service insurance consulting/brokerage firm owned by BB&T, the sixth largest firm in the country. "Transportation companies look to us to provide wellness solutions that can not only improve driver health but reduce health care costs and provide a means for attracting and retaining drivers. To have an effective wellness program, you need drivers to be engaged and have a solution that supports their efforts. Transportation companies can incorporate this scalable and affordable program to provide drivers the tools and resources to manage their health and wellness while on the road."
McGriff participated in helping facilitate this new program with driver engagement in mind. "Shawna knows firsthand the impact that a wellness program can have on the transportation industry," added Perry. "She has spent nearly two decades in this industry and is the Benefits Practice Leader for McGriff's National Transportation Practice."
Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Program Members will receive:
- Free monthly access to over 1,100 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the US to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure).
- Unlimited telephone health and wellness coaching available anytime Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST.
- 10% Discount off of all Rolling Strong branded nutritional products.
- Receive $1 off coupons at PFJ Subway locations when you order one of the seven healthy subs with six grams of fat or less.
- Unlimited access to the newest health check station to self-monitor health levels (blood pressure, weight, BMI, heart rate and vision) located in terminals and at over 2,000 Kroger locations.
- Driver-only private personal online wellness site to track results and earn points to receive Rolling Strong gear.
- Nutrition in the Fast Lane "Trucker's Edition" book providing nutritional content at 3,000 restaurants.
- Pedometer to track miles and calories to earn free rewards.
- Grocery shopping list to help stock the driver's cab.
- Savings on nutritional products, grocery items and services including E-Boost, Kroger and Bayer.
Visit rollingstrong.com/cigna to learn how your drivers can get on the road to better health to receive these benefits and much more.
Cigna Corporation (
About Rolling Strong:
Rolling Strong is the leader in driver wellness providing the only driver wellness program that is driver-designed and delivered to drivers where they work and live...on the road. Rolling Strong is on a mission to educate drivers and share life-changing products and services to help them while on the road. By providing transportation companies and their drivers as well as owner operators with in-terminal and on the road wellness programs, drivers finally have access to a wellness program that makes sense for them. Personalized wellness programs include Rolling Strong driver health and wellness checks at client terminals, access to a national network of retail clinics for bio screening and discounted acute care, DOT compliance, driver fitness programs, wellness kits and telephonic health coaching. Visit www.rollingstrong.com or call 1-888-506-6079.