PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwired - Aug 13, 2013) - Ruby Receptionists, the voice of small businesses across the nation and Fortune magazine's #1 Best Small Company to Work for in the U.S., celebrates ten years of providing personalized live, virtual receptionist services. Thriving during some of the worst economic times for small businesses in recent history, founder and CEO Jill Nelson has led Ruby Receptionists to double-digit growth every year in business. The company currently serves over 2,600 companies nationwide and is on track to gross $11.4 million by the end of 2013.
Over the past decade, Ruby Receptionists has helped businesses from law firms to creative firms, financial advisors and beyond to grow their companies and deliver exceptional service. Ruby Receptionists is a key partner in helping small firms compete in today's technology-focused world. Ruby started with three employees and has grown to nearly 150 bright, articulate and charming employees in two sprawling Oregon offices. Its founder credits the rapid growth to its focus on creating real, meaningful connections every day.
"Ruby encourages innovation, empowers employees to go above and beyond and rewards people for fostering personal connections," said Jill Nelson, founder and CEO of Ruby Receptionists. "I strongly believe our positive, supportive work culture has propelled our company's growth and success. We have set the bar high over the past decade and have exceeded all of my expectations. I look forward to seeing how our staff will make a difference for our small business customers for years to come."
To support its growing client base, Ruby Receptionists added a second office location in the Portland area this spring and aims to expand to more than 300 employees by the end of 2015.
Ruby's success lays in the company's guiding principles and processes that include:
- Exceptional Service: Like Maslow's pyramid, the Ruby Service Pyramid features six levels of service with the ultimate goal of making meaningful connections. This guide helps employees deliver knock-your-socks-off service at every client touchpoint.
- Unique Training: Staff attends "Ruby University," a proprietary training program that instructs over and above basic job functions: Tutorials cover telephone etiquette, proper grammar, its signature, cheerful diction and ways to cultivate relationships with callers and clients.
- Proprietary Technology: Ruby's one-of-a-kind software and ININ communications platform enable receptionists to offer prompt, personalized service with an average call-answer time of four seconds. Working as an extension of each client's team, Ruby can update client whereabouts on-the-go, deliver custom greetings for each company and time zone, deliver call messages to clients via email and text and more.
- Company Values: Driving every decision and action at Ruby, the company's five Core Values --Foster Happiness, Practice WOWism, Create Community, Innovate and Grow -- continue to guide Ruby as it grows.
- Positive Actions: Ruby motivates and empowers employees to practice random acts of kindness both internally and externally. Its office features a pre-paid Amazon.com account and WOW Station stocked with gift ideas, bright packaging and notecards to give Rubys the inspiration and tools to delight and surprise clients at any moment.
About Ruby Receptionists
Hearkening back to an era when every call at an office was answered by a friendly receptionist, Ruby Receptionists provides personalized live, virtual receptionist services to 2,600 small businesses throughout North America. Ruby leverages proprietary technology combined with bright, charming receptionists who live five core values -- Foster Happiness, Practice WOWism, Create Community, Innovate and Grow -- to deliver its unique vision of customer service. Founded by Jill Nelson in 2003, Ruby Receptionists has gained national recognition for its success being named Fortune magazine's #1 Best Small Company to Work for in the U.S. in 2012, one of 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon and one of Oregon's fastest growing companies for six years. Learn more at www.callruby.com.