JOHNS CREEK, GA--(Marketwire - Jan 31, 2013) - Saia, Inc. (
- Track shipments via multiple options -- by pro, bill of lading (BOL), shipper, or purchase order number. Any option provides users the same detailed shipment movement history.
- View imaged documents. If a shipper needs proof of delivery or a BOL, they can view these documents after logging into a secure section of the app.
- Generate a quote for a shipment.
- Schedule a pickup from anywhere.
- Select any of the carrier's "Guaranteed Select" service options.
- Contact a variety of Saia LTL Freight personnel simply by selecting any e-mail from the provided contact list or by calling the 800 customer service number.
"The introduction of our app is an exciting milestone for the company," explained Saia Vice President of Marketing and Customer Service Sally Buchholz. "Its launch comes on the heels of our re-designed LTL freight website and brand new corporate website -- both of which are tablet-friendly. As shippers further integrate their mobile devices into their supply chains, it's important they have the tools they need to keep their shipments moving efficiently."
The app is available for the Apple iPhone®, iPod Touch, and the iPad. It is optimized for the iPhone 5 and requires iOS 4.3 or later. An Android™ app is currently in development and will be available for download in March.
About Saia, Inc.
Saia, Inc. (