Yesterday’s Turkish referendum granted increasingly authoritarian President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan even more power over the country in a narrow vote. Nevertheless, it has created at least one meme. Nusret Gökçe — the sunglasses-wearing, seasoning-sprinkling chef known as Salt Bae — cast his vote in the same way he adds salt: with pinched fingers and a bit of flair.
The chef wrote “İşlem tamam,” which translates to “the Process is complete.” He did not indicate whether he voted in support of Erdoğan’s new powers. Last July, a failed coup to overthrow the Turkish president resulted in hundreds of deaths and thousands of arrests.
- Unsuspecting Woman Brings Therapy Dog to Local Furry Convention
- ‘Hold My Beer’: A Meme for a Truly Stupid Week
- Burger King Outsources Advertisement to Your Google Home, Google Shuts It Down
- A Brief History of ‘Cash Me Outside, Howbow Dah?’
- The Snapchat 101: The Best, Coolest, Smartest, Weirdest Accounts on the Hottest Social Network on Your Phone