REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2013) - Oracle (
- To provide excellent citizen services amid shrinking resources, San Joaquin County's Information Systems Division implemented a range of Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies, including Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite.
- By providing a robust, scalable, secure, and standards-based solution, Oracle BPM Suite and Oracle Process Accelerators have enabled San Joaquin County Information Systems Division to streamline IT processes by making the transition to an agile development model and modernize its Integrated Justice Information System (IJIS).
- The county's Information Systems Division formed a BPM Center of Excellence (CoE) team to spearhead the modernization project for the IJIS and support law and justice duties by streamlining processes for 650,000 residents, 18 agencies countywide, and other law enforcement systems nationwide.
- Since modernizing its IJIS with Oracle BPM Suite, San Joaquin County Information Systems Division has introduced a number of major projects to streamline operations, including an Online Citation Inquiry Payment System, case management systems for district attorneys and adult probation, and a mobile computer aided dispatch system for field personnel.
- The new IJIS system has contributed to improved public and employee safety and service while helping to increase revenue and has delivered a range of benefits to the county, including 25 percent less time spent by officers on non-core activities, processing $500,000 transactions annually through online citation payments, the reduction of access time to the IJIS from hours to less than three seconds, and savings of 20 hours per week due to a faster interface development cycle.
- In addition, Oracle BPM Suite has enabled San Joaquin County Information Systems Division to improve collaboration with state and national law enforcement agencies by adopting new technology and standards, such as the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM).
- As a result of leveraging Oracle BPM Suite and Oracle Process Accelerators, San Joaquin County Information Systems Division has been able to integrate internal and external systems to provide excellent citizen services, as well as use the newly developed framework for future application development.
- Gartner recently named San Joaquin County Information Systems Division a winner of the Best BPM Organization in 2013 Gartner Business Process Management (BPM) Excellence Awards in North America.
- "As a government entity, our ability to innovate to better serve the residents of our county is directly tied to the economic status of our state and country," said Shakir Awan, Information Systems Manager, San Joaquin County Information Systems Division. "With Oracle BPM Suite, we have been able to significantly reduce the complexities of our previous system and save valuable time, resources and costs."
- Oracle BPM Suite
- Oracle Process Accelerators
- Video: San Joaquin County Optimizes Public Safety with Oracle BPM
- San Joaquin County
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.