WEST KINGSTON, RI--(Marketwired - Sep 25, 2013) - Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today announced the launch of EcoAisle™, an intelligent thermal containment system that increases data center cooling efficiency while protecting critical IT equipment and data center personnel. The EcoAisle system, compatible with almost any type of rack or cooling deployment, supports both hot and cold aisle containment and offers enhanced flexibility and safety.
"Cooling is a significant operational cost in the data center and can be a drain on resources for many organizations," said Joe Capes, Business Development Director, Cooling, Schneider Electric IT Business. "EcoAisle offers energy savings through improved cooling capacity, increased flexibility to meet evolving and future needs of the organization as well as important safety features not found in other solutions. This new intelligent cooling system meets virtually all application needs, rack types and configurations for flexible and efficient deployment in a variety of operating conditions."
The EcoAisle system features Active Flow Control, which intelligently monitors airflow balance between the cooling system and IT equipment and adjusts cooling system fan speed automatically to right-size airflow based on IT load. This can result in up to a 50 percent reduction in fan energy usage over conventional cooling systems.
Additionally, EcoAisle provides a safe and efficient environment for IT equipment and personnel with a fire safe system that detects thermal events and provides full access to sprinklers at the room level, as well as safe slide doors that allow quick exit in case of emergency. The system also features high efficiency LED lighting with motion detection, proxy card security access, and more.
Additional key features and benefits of EcoAisle include:
- Flexibility enabled by EcoAisle's support for various aisle widths, rack heights, rack depths, and single rows. The system also supports hot and cold aisle containment.
- Options available to support 900mm, 1200mm, 1500mm, and 1800mm aisle widths
- Blanking panels available for 300mm, 600mm, and 750mm wide spaces
- Ceiling panels support hot or cold aisles
- Panels can also be modified in the field to fit custom aisle sizes
- A centralized hot air return system for room and external air handling systems which minimizes obstruction of lighting into the ducted aisle, and provides cable access from within the contained aisle. Removable sealed access panels allow for quick and easy access for routing power and network cabling.
- Supports 787, 1041, 1270, and 1524mm duct heights with the flexibility to be modified in the field to support custom duct heights.
The EcoAisle system is available now. For more information on the latest cooling solution and other cooling products and services from APC by Schneider Electric, please visit www.apc.com.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion Euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
About APC by Schneider Electric
APC by Schneider Electric, a global leader in critical power and cooling services, provides industry leading hardware, software, and services designed to ensure availability and higher energy efficiency across the residential, business network, data center, and manufacturing environments. Backed by the strength, experience, and wide network of Schneider Electric's Critical Power & Cooling Services, APC delivers well planned, flawlessly installed and maintained solutions throughout their lifecycle. Through its unparalleled commitment to innovation, APC delivers energy efficient solutions for critical technology and industrial applications.