RESTON, VA--(Marketwire - Dec 12, 2012) - ScienceLogic™ Inc. today announced enhancements to the company's award-winning data center and cloud management platform to give enterprise IT managers real-time and multi-tenant insight, visibility, and control over private cloud environments. The ScienceLogic platform provides unified monitoring out-of-the-box for integrated converged compute stacks like FlexPod and VCE Vblock, and the underlying technologies -- Cisco UCS, NetApp, EMC, VMware, Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V -- that are designed specifically to deploy agile private clouds.
"As more enterprises deploy private and hybrid cloud environments, they must deal with levels of complexity, scale, and speed unlike anything they have faced previously," said Antonio Piraino, CTO, ScienceLogic. "Enterprise clouds require a highly integrated approach to monitoring and management, across a heterogeneous set of vendors and technologies. Traditional IT management provides only point solutions that were never engineered or architected to work together -- per vendor, per technology, per data silo. Our customers are able to leapfrog the time and investment needed to integrate these disparate solutions, launch private and hybrid cloud environments confidently, and get to market faster for true competitive advantage."
Enterprise IT teams who want to be successful at deploying and operating private clouds to launch IT services as rapidly as the business requires will increasingly model their operations against these types of leaders and become a "service provider" to the rest of their organizations. Architected from the ground up to handle dynamic and heterogeneous computing environments at scale, the ScienceLogic Smart IT solutions offer the best ROI in the industry and are the platform of choice for leading global service providers, like Equinix, Fasthosts, and Dimension Data.
The ScienceLogic platform integrates the core IT infrastructure management functions needed to run today's complex, distributed computing infrastructures -- including physical and virtual systems, performance, network, service, event and asset management capabilities, as well as multi-tenancy, run book automation and service desk -- all in one product with one unified code base, user interface and centralized data repository. Key features of the newest version include:
- Dynamic visualization of Cisco UCS, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V infrastructure components in real time and grouped logically according to customer, service, or function
- Automated correlation of infrastructure health and availability issues across the private or hybrid cloud technology stack to business and customer impact for business-aware alerts and notifications
- First vendor support of just launched Cisco UCS Central, for proactive monitoring of global and distributed Cisco UCS deployments at scale
- Extended support for FlexPod and Vblock stacks and component technologies
- ScienceLogic Platform: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product
- ScienceLogic Storage Management: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product/technologies/storage
- Read the ScienceLogic Blog: http://blog.sciencelogic.com/
- Follow ScienceLogic on Twitter: @ScienceLogic
- Like ScienceLogic on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ScienceLogic
- Request a ScienceLogic Demo: http://www.sciencelogic.com/demo
The standard for centralized, "Smart IT" operations and dynamic cloud management across any mix of data center and cloud environments, ScienceLogic enables service providers and enterprises to improve IT efficiency as well as deliver differentiated service offerings. The ScienceLogic platform unites and correlates critical IT functions and data to provide a constantly updated, actionable view of business service delivery. In contrast to legacy tools, ScienceLogic pre-integrates event, fault, availability, performance and asset management, as well as service desk and runbook automation, in a single product. The platform is easily extended to manage both existing and emerging technologies and applications, making it a solid foundation for the fluidity of modern IT environments.
ScienceLogic is a selected Network Management Module in the Cisco Smart Business Architecture; Registered Developer in the Cisco Developer Network Program; certified by VCE as Vblock Ready; certified as VMware Ready and a VMware Elite Technology Alliance Partner; Dell Independent Software Vendor partner; NetApp Platinum Elite Partner. For more information, visit www.sciencelogic.com.
ScienceLogic is a trademark of ScienceLogic Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company, product and service marks may be trademarks or service marks of others.