Aramark chefs dish on their favorite game day tips to get guests cheering for more
When it comes to feeding a crowd for the biggest game of the year, Aramark (ARMK), which partners with more NFL teams and serves more football fans than any other hospitality company, knows the drill.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190131005075/en/
Courtesy of the experts who know game day food best, Aramark chefs provide their game winning recipes, tips and tricks, to help hosts score big for the “Big Game” on February 3rd.
COOK FOR A CROWD
Cooking for a crowd is manageable, when you have the right game plan. Aramark Regional Executive Chef, O’Brien Tingling, shares his tips for whipping up meals for a crowd.
- Know your audience – Design a menu which suits your game day crew
- Be seasonal – Seasonal produce is brimming with both flavor and top-notch nutrition
- Ask around – Note anyone who has a food preference, allergy, intolerance or any other dietary needs or restrictions
- Welcome helping hands (big and small) – Accept help when it’s offered; Even kids can get in on the game
RECREATE STADIUM FAVORITES AT HOME
Aramark shares the game plan for recreating stadium recipes at home, with the help of easy to follow videos.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions
- Beef Brisket Meatball Sliders
- Arrowhead BBQ Stak
- Chicken & Waffle Fry Stak
PUT A HEALTHY TWIST ON GAME DAY CLASSICS
These better-for-you recipes are packed with flavor and are great for a crowd.
- Cauliflower Buffalo “Wings”
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Humus
- Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Turkey Spinach Meatballs
PLAY IT SAFE AND AVOID THE YELLOW FLAG
Safety is just as an important ingredient on the game day menu, as the food itself. Follow these tips to stay safe in the kitchen:
- Wash your hands – Hands must be washed AFTER using the restroom, coughing, sneezing and handling raw foods and garbage. Always wash your hands BEFORE starting to prepare food and in between tasks.
- Plan ahead – Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator for the recommended amount of time (for every 5 pounds (2kg 270g) of large frozen food, allow 24 hours of refrigerator thawing time).
- Cook to temperature – Cook raw meat products to the minimum internal temperatures as stated on the product packaging, by inserting a thermometer at several spots.
- Store and reheat safely – Leftovers must be cooled to below 70°F (21°C) within 2 hours, and then to 41°F (5°C) or below within 4 hours.
Aramark provides 13 teams of the National Football League with food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos and Minnesota Vikings.
Aramark (ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We work to put our sustainability goals into action by focusing on initiatives that engage our employees, empower healthy living, preserve our planet and build local communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.