SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - March 05, 2016) - SDX presented 122 San Diego American Advertising Awards for excellence to 38 different companies in 41 advertising, digital and graphic design categories, culled from more than 335 entries. The presentations were made at the 2016 San Diego American Advertising Awards Gala, held on Friday, March 4th at the Kona Kai Resort and Spa.
The Professional Best of Show award and three Gold ADDYs were presented to i.d.e.a. for a video titled "Save the Inventor - Dream Small" for their client, Innovation Alliance. The three Gold ADDYs were for Cinematography, Video Editing and Television - National Campaign.
The Student Best of Show and Gold ADDY was presented to Kristen Sugihara and Marty Allen from the San Diego Portfolio Studio for their student project for Senz Umbrellas titled "Senz - Weather. Any Weather."
The judges also elected to award a Special Judges Award to Wedge & Lever for their book "View From A Blue Moon" for their client Hurley.
" SDX has been at the core of the creative community representing the best in San Diego advertising since it was founded in 1911. Presenting the San Diego American Advertising Awards showcases the high level of creative talent working in this town, and puts our best work in the national spotlight," said Doug Hecht, Seed San Diego and current SDX president.
"Last year, we were pleased to see that three San Diego agencies went on to win at the AAF National American Advertising Awards - BASIC, Piston and emota," added Hecht.
The American Advertising Awards program is hosted by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), a national advertising trade organization comprising a membership of more than 200 local advertising clubs, including SDX. The trophy is affectionately called an ADDY by the industry and awarded in three tiers: Gold (1st place), Silver (2nd place) and Bronze (3rd place).
San Diego American Advertising Awards Gold ADDY Award Professional recipients include:
- i.d.e.a. - Best of Show, 5 Gold - 5 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Callaway Golf - 1 Gold - 1 Bronze
- emota - 2 Gold - 3 Silver - 5 Bronze
- Experiences for Mankind - 1 Gold - 2 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Magnetic Creative - 1 Gold - 4 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Piston - 1 Gold - 2 Silver - 4 Bronze
- Saint West Filmworks - 2 Gold - 2 Silver
- Tower 33 - 1 Gold
- Traina Design - 1 Gold - 1 Bronze
- Wedge & Lever - 2 Gold - 2 Silver
Additional San Diego American Advertising Award Professional winners include:
- American Specialty Health - 2 Bronze
- BASIC - 1 Bronze
- BL Design Co. - 1 Silver
- Club Sullivan - 4 Bronze
- Cofa Media - 1 Silver
- Cuker - 1 Bronze
- Eat Drink Sleep - 1 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Frank Rogozienski Photography - 1 Bronze
- Green Flash Brewing Company - 1 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Grizzly - 4 Silver - 6 Bronze
- Groovy Like A Movie - 2 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Ilyas Curtis Film & Photo Works - 1 Silver
- Internet Marketing Inc. - 1 Silver
- Less+More - 2 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Libre Design - 1 Silver
- Main Path Marketing - 1 Bronze
- McDonald's / Moroch - 2 Bronze
- Mindgruve - 1 Silver - 3 Bronze
- MiresBall - 2 Silver - 3 Bronze
- MJD - 1 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Movetic - 1 Silver
- Pacific - 1 Bronze
- Rescue Social Change Group - 3 Bronze
- San Diego County Credit Union - 1 Bronze
- San Diego Zoo - 2 Silver - 1 Bronze
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park - 1 Bronze
- Studio of Tav Calico - 1 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Ten Stories - 2 Silver
- The San Diego Union Tribune - 1 Silver
San Diego American Advertising Awards Gold ADDY Award Student recipients include:
- Kristen Sugihara & Marty Allen - San Diego Portfolio Studio - Best of Show - 1 Gold - 3 Bronze
- Mauricio Favery - The Art Institute of California, San Diego - 1 Gold - 1 Silver
- Brooke Ligenfelder, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Gold - 1 Silver
- Candela Rebot, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Gold - 1 Silver
Additional San Diego American Advertising Award Student winners include:
- Marty Allen, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Amjad Alotaibi, Media Design School of Digital Arts at NewSchool of Architecture and Design - 1 Silver
- Stephen Chu, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Marius De La Pena, Media Design School of Digital Arts at NewSchool of Architecture and Design - 1 Bronze
- Lisa Durante, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Brittany Lang - The Art Institute of California, San Diego - 1 Silver
- Elizabeth Lybrook & Brooke Ligenfelder, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Elizabeth Lybrook, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Rodney Manabat, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Rachel Orodenker, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Silver
- Zachary Russell & Michael Pretz, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Ryan Renquist, San Diego Portfolio Studio - 2 Silver
- Greg Rovelo, Media Design School of Digital Arts at NewSchool of Architecture and Design - 1 Bronze
The ADDY Gold winners will be forwarded by SDX to compete in AAF's District 15 competition which is comprised of Southern Nevada and Southern California. District 15 winners then will be forwarded to compete at AAF's national competition. The national American Advertising Awards program is known as the world's largest and arguably the toughest advertising competition with more than 40,000 entries annually from around the country.
Founded in 1911, SDX (formerly San Diego Ad Club) is San Diego's oldest continuously operating business association. SDX brings together creative thinkers, business planners, marketing aficionados, communications technology innovators and more in order to build a community of professionals focused on what's next in the industry. SDX is creative, rooted in brand building, committed to public service and grounded in building valuable professional and personal relationships.