Sears on Thursday said it was closing another 28 Kmart stores in addition to 180 previously announced closings this year.
The retailer announced this with its earnings statement that showed a quarterly loss, as the number of people visiting its stores continued to fall. Sales at stores open for at least a year fell 11.5% in the second quarter ended July 29.
All but one store will close by mid-November, Sears said.
Sears has shrunk from the largest US retailer to a company plagued by fears of bankruptcy after struggling with several years of losses amid the decline of mall shopping in favor of the web. The company expects to cut $1 billion in costs this year mainly by selling its real estate.
Sears announced in July that it agreed to sell its Kenmore appliances on Amazon and integrate the voice-activated assistant Alexa into a line of smart products.
Sears shares plunged 8% this year through Wednesday's close.
Here's the full list of closures:
- 1445 S Power Road, Mesa, AZ
- 23222 W Valencia Blvs, Valencia, CA
- 10500 Wichlow Way, Jackson/Martell, CA
- 10400 Rosecrans, Bellflower, CA
- 12928 Main Street, Hesperia, CA
- 15200 E Colfax Avenue, Aurora, CO
- 200 W Belleview, Englewood, CO
- 100 Main Street North, Southbury, CT
- 900 N Miami Beach Blvd, North Miami Beach, FL
- 5590 Mableton Pkwy, Mableton, GA
- 4101 W 95th St., Oaklawn, IL
- 7230 Westfield Plaza Dr, Belleville, IL
- 265 S Illinois Rte 83, Elmhurst, IL
- 1740 Sw Wanamaker Road, Topeka, KS
- 7601 23 Mile Road, Utica/Shelby Township, MI
- 4001 N Euclid Avenue, Bay City, MI
- 545 West Sanilac, Sandusky, MI
- 401 Route 38, Moorestown, NJ
- 808 Route 46, Parsippany, NJ
- 810 Paul Road, Rochester (Chili), NY
- 10 Cobblestone Court Drive, Victor, NY
- 374 Windsor Hwy, Rte 32, Vails Gate (New Windsor), NY
- 2600 Lincoln Way E, Massillon, OH
- 2470 Mission SE, Salem, OR
- 2620 Moreland Road, Willow Grove, PA
- 4701 Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA
- 296 Garfield Ave, Cranston, RI
- 1610 Church St, Conway, SC
More From Business Insider