Sears just announced a fresh round of store closures.
The company told employees on Tuesday that it will close more than 30 Sears and Kmart stores in early 2017, half a dozen employees told Business Insider.
Most of the stores will start liquidation sales on January 6 and go out of business between late March and mid-April.
Sears announced the closures internally on Tuesday but did not publicly release a comprehensive list of the stores that would close.
Business Insider confirmed the closures with store employees at each location. We will add to this list as we confirm additional closures.
34 Kmart stores closing:
- Jasper Mall, Jasper, Alabama
- 2003 US-280, Phenix City, Alabama
- 3001 Iowa Ave., Riverside, California
- 1801 NW US Hwy 19, Crystal River, Florida
- 501 N. Beneva Road, Sarasota, Florida
- 19400 Cochran Blvd., Port Charlotte, Florida
- 2111 S. Federal Highway, Ft. Pierce, Florida
- 1501 Normandy Village Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2211 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida
- 4955 Golden Gate Parkway, Naples, Florida
- 111 Town and Country Dr., Palatka, Florida
- McGregor Point Shopping Center, Fort Myers, Florida
- 33 W. Montgomery Cross Road, Savannah, Georgia
- 4561 Salt Lake Blvd, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 5700 Gordon Drive, Sioux City, Iowa
- 191 Outer Loop, Louisville, Kentucky
- 2815 West Parrish Ave., Owensboro, Kentucky
- 1501 Paris Pike, Georgetown, Kentucky
- 14662 N. US Highway 25 E, Corbin, Kentucky
- 1710 W. Highway 192, London, Kentucky
- 3010 Fort Campbell Blvd., Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- 2945 Scottsville Road, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- 688 Hogan Road, Bangor, Maine
- 222 North Point Blvd, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1130 Newport Ave, South Attleboro, Massachusetts
- 9 Plaza Way, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
- Rio Mall, Rio Grande, New Jersey
- 4645 Commercial Dr., New Hartford, New York
- 1931 Skibo Road, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- 1284 Brice Road, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- 225 West Ave, New Boston, Ohio
- 250 Three Springs Dr., Weirton, West Virginia
- 731 Beverly Pike, Elkins, West Virginia
- 5132 Sixth Ave., Tacoma, Washington
- 1050 Division St., Parkersburg, West Virginia
17 Sears stores closing:
- Florence Mall, Florence, Alabama
- 5901 University Dr. NW, Huntsville, Alabama (This closure was announced on November 18. It will close in January.)
- 1901 S Caraway Rd., Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Enfield Square, Enfield, Connecticut
- Eagle Ridge Mall, Lake Wales, Florida
- Kentucky Oaks Mall, Paducah, Kentucky
- 9605 Queens Blvd., Rego Park, New York
- Walden Galleria, Cheektowaga, New York
- Boulevard Mall, Amherst, New York
- 1 Galleria Dr., Middletown, New York
- 10 Whitten Rd., Augusta, Maine
- Swansea Mall, Swansea, Massachusetts
- 1901 S. Yale Ave., Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Shenango Valley Mall, Hermitage, Pennsylvania
- Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood, Washington
- Town Center Mall, Charleston, West Virginia
- Meadowbrook Mall, Bridgeport, West Virginia
This latest round of closures will bring the total number of stores that Sears has closed this fiscal year to more than 200.
That means the retailer will have fewer than 1,500 stores left by early 2017. That's down nearly 60% from 2011, when Sears had more than 3,500 stores.
Sears is shutting down stores to help stem losses from falling sales.
In the most recent quarter, Sears' revenue fell 13%, to $5 billion, and its losses widened to $748 million from $454 million in the period last year.
Same-store sales dropped 7.4%, including a 10% decrease at Sears stores and a 4.4% decrease at Kmart stores.
*An earlier version of this story said the Sears store at Northwoods Mall in Charleston, South Carolina was closing. Approximately half the store will be closed and redeveloped, while the other half will remain open.
If you work at Sears or Kmart and have information to share, contact this reporter at email@example.com.
More From Business Insider