SAN ANTONIO, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 28, 2014) - DistribuTECH -- Oracle (
Seattle City Light selected a broad footprint of Oracle Utilities applications and technology solutions to more effectively adapt to changing business conditions, meet and exceed customer expectations, address operational issues and support future smart grid initiatives.
- Seattle City Light, the tenth largest public utility in the United States, selected a broad footprint of Oracle applications and technology solutions to help reduce costs, improve customer service and lay the groundwork to support smart grid initiatives. Seattle City Light is working with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), on the implementation.
- Seattle City Light, which is updating its enterprise architecture and technology infrastructure as part of a broader business transformation to enhance operational efficiency, selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service, Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management, Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway, Oracle Business Intelligence for Utilities, Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition and Oracle User Productivity Kit. The utility already uses Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management and Oracle Utilities Network Management System to help accelerate network restoration during outages, improve operational efficiency, enhance system reliability and better manage power distribution assets.
- With Oracle's operational platform, Seattle City Light will lay the foundation to drive its future advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) initiative forward.
- "A key factor in our Oracle selection was that its solutions enabled us to purchase what we needed now, and build on that foundation for new initiatives. This flexibility is critical as we draw the blueprint for our AMI initiative," said Dr. Dirk Mahling, chief information officer, Seattle City Light.
- "Utilities today are focused on agile operations and effective customer communications. We are pleased that Seattle City Light chose Oracle's enterprise-wide set of mission-critical solutions to help increase operational efficiency and improve the customer experience," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Infosys Technologies and Oracle Help Seattle City Light Improve Customer Service During Outages
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.