SCOTTS VALLEY, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 2, 2016) - Seismic Warning Systems Inc. CEO George Dickson III has been invited to attend today's White House Earthquake Resilience Summit. The summit convenes experts in seismic detection and risk mitigation from around the country to promote adoption of an earthquake warning system in the United States. At the summit, federal, state, private and academic partners will discuss new commitments to broadening the system and increasing earthquake awareness and public safety.
Mr. Dickson, a recognized expert in the development and deployment of highly scalable and cost-effective earthquake warning systems for government and industry, will showcase systems that his company has already installed across California, as well as recent partnerships that Seismic Warning Systems has undertaken in conjunction with some of the nation's top seismic research institutions and government agencies. These various initiatives represent a strategy for deploying the nation's most cost-effective and robust earthquake warning system, capable of protecting the millions of businesses and people who are at risk from imminent earthquakes.
When: Tuesday, February 2, 2016; 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Where: Eisenhower Executive Office Building, South Court Auditorium, Washington, D.C.
"I am truly honored to be invited to participate at this landmark event," said George E. Dickson III, founder and CEO of Seismic Warning Systems. "Over the last 20 years, Seismic Warning Systems has pioneered the formation of public-private partnerships that unite academic expertise, technical talent, entrepreneurship and highly scalable broadband infrastructure. We have consistently demonstrated the reliability, scalability and robustness of this approach, and look forward to collaborating with state and federal agencies as we seek to realize our vision for ensuring America's public safety, business continuity and security in the event of a devastating earthquake."
Seismic Warning Systems sets the pace in advancing the science of earthquake warning systems
- Seismic Warning Systems is building an advanced earthquake warning system across California. Earthquake warnings need to be delivered to places where they are most needed, such as schools, hospitals, emergency services centers, and other critical public facilities. The company's technology has proven its effectiveness at delivering dependable earthquake warning with no Blind Zones.
- In reaction to the defunding of a critical earthquake warning network in Southern California by the USGS, Seismic Warning Systems recently intervened with essential funding support. As a result, a crucial Southern California earthquake monitoring network, operated by Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego, will continue to operate. The ANZA Seismic Network features 28 real-time earthquake monitoring stations in San Diego and Riverside counties, and provides the best coverage of the San Jacinto fault zone, which is considered the most active fault in Southern California.
- Building on the public-partnership model pioneered by Seismic Warning Systems, Imperial County in Southern California was the recipient of a federal FEMA grant to implement the nation's first regional earthquake warning system. It is presently being deployed.
- Seismic Warning Systems is partnered with the UC San Diego-based High-Performance Wireless and Research Education Network (HPWREN) to deliver essential earthquake warning notifications to Californians where they live, learn and work. This partnership will expand the reach of the Seismic Warning Systems network across Imperial and San Diego counties, and provide an important communications link for the company's San Diego Regional Earthquake Warning Systems (SDREWS) and Imperial County Regional Earthquake Warning System (ICREWS).
- To learn more about Seismic Warning Systems and its unique approach to seismic event detection and risk mitigation, take an online tour of our earthquake warning website.
About Seismic Warning Systems Inc.
Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California and founded by George E. Dickson III in 2000, Seismic Warning Systems designs and manufactures systems and services that provide reliable earthquake detection, coupled with an automated and actionable system response. Seismic Warning Systems partners with commercial, industrial and government customers that seek to avert human injury, mitigate earthquake damage to property and other assets, and ensure business continuity. Seismic Warning Systems also serves on the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) Earthquake Early Warning Working Group to help provide direction and options for the fulfillment of statewide earthquake warning solutions via public-private partnerships. The company's patented family of QuakeGuard™ seismic detection products have detected and acted upon many potentially dangerous quakes, saving lives and protecting against injury -- all without a single false alarm. For regular updates, follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn, become a fan on Facebook, or visit www.SeismicWarning.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2958443
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2958447
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2958451