SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 6, 2013) - Selectica (
"Companies come looking for contract management tools when such issues as a lack of contract visibility, controls, and compliance become a liability," said Dan Daehler, Vice President of Global Services and Channels for Seal Software. "Our partnership with Selectica gives customers what they need to fully leverage legacy contracts and the corresponding contractual terms, aiding risk management while enabling visibility and reporting."
Using Selectica and Seal Software, enterprises with thousands of contracts that span the course of their organization's history will now be able to upload, extract, and map contracts and contract data from a number of different file and image types, and quickly load them into the Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management repository where they can be tracked, maintained, analyzed, and reported on.
"With their deep domain experience in enterprise software and global reach to a number of industries we cater to, partnering with Seal Software made perfect sense for us," said Jason Stern, President and CEO of Selectica. "Customers will now have all the tools they need to smooth the legacy load process, and an effective ongoing way to populate their contract repositories."
Working in tandem, Selectica and Seal Software give businesses the ability to:
- Quickly find contracts in shared folders and document storage systems and make them searchable documents in a contract repository
- Significantly increase upload speed for contracts entering the CLM system
- Automatically extract key contract data, including information in embedded images or image files
- Gain complete visibility into contract milestones, deliverables, expirations, and renewals
- Streamline contract processes, from request, authoring, negotiation, and approval through ongoing obligations management, analysis, reporting, and renewals.
For more information:
- Visit the Selectica website to learn more about the company and its products and customers (http://www.selectica.com/)
- Follow @Selectica_Inc on Twitter to stay up to date with industry news and updates (https://twitter.com/Selectica_Inc)
- Visit "Done Deal," the Selectica blog, to read articles, advice, and commentary on how to optimize deal processes (www.selectica.com/blog)
- Watch Selectica videos on YouTube to see what Selectica and its products can do (https://www.youtube.com/user/SelecticaVideos)
- Browse the Selectica resource center to find guides and resources on how to improve sales and contracting processes (http://www.selectica.com/resources)
About Seal Software Group
Seal Software Group has created a new market segment, Contract Discovery and Analytics, with its unique Seal cDiscovery solution.
Seal cDiscovery addresses compelling pain points within all enterprises: how to find contracts, extract clauses, render them for easy review, and populate corporate repositories -- CRM, CLM, ERP, SRM -- with contract data.
Seal cDiscovery is installed in minutes and, without expensive configuration, automatically discovers existing contractual documents from a wide range of document and image file types. It also automatically extracts key clause metadata and provides an easy format for further review, as well as a platform for on-going management of contracts, with a fully searchable repository and obligation management tools. Critically, it allows easy migration of contracts and metadata to the full range of enterprise platforms.
Seal has the vision to make Seal cDiscovery the cVault for every enterprise -- a central repository representing the 'single source of the truth' for contracts, used to process in-bound contracts, audit the enterprise for rogue contracts, and provide a single search, reporting and migration tool for regulatory, transactional and strategic purposes, accessed by every major enterprise process for which contracts are important.
Seal helps organizations in verticals such as legal services, financial services, oil and gas, high-tech, pharmaceutical, media, manufacturing, transportation, and telecommunications achieve control of their contracts and obligations for compliance, cost saving and competitive advantage.
For further information, visit the Seal Software website: www.seal-software.com
Certain statements in this release and elsewhere by Selectica are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may include, without limitation, statements regarding business outlook, assessment of market conditions, anticipated financial and operating results, strategies, future plans, contingencies and contemplated transactions of the company. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause or contribute to actual results of company operations, or the performance or achievements of the company or industry results, to differ materially from those expressed, or implied by the forward-looking statements. In addition to any such risks, uncertainties and other factors discussed elsewhere herein, risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause or contribute to actual results differing materially from those expressed or implied for the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to the on-going global recession; fluctuations in demand for Selectica's products and services; government policies and regulations, including, but not limited to those affecting the company's industry; and risks related to the company's past stock granting policies and related restatement of financial statements. Selectica undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional risk factors concerning the company can be found in the company's most recent Form 10-K, filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.