PATCHOGUE, N.Y., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- fishbat, a leading Internet marketing agency, today announced that there are several website issues that negatively impact online businesses. This insight comes as a result of fishbat's continuous work on SEO services and website optimization.
Website issues are a major source of site abandonment and result in significantly lower levels of engagement. However, some of these issues can easily be fixed with a little time, effort, and good advice. SEO agency, fishbat, shares seven website problems that hinder online business.
1. Lacking social sharing buttons. Social media is a major driver of businesses. Without built-in social sharing buttons, users are far less likely to share a brand with others. Enabling sharing buttons provides more audience impressions with an expanded marketing reach across multiple platforms.
2. Poor linking strategy. With the amount of online competition, businesses must always be looking for ways to draw in new clientele. Quality inbound links pull in new users while outbound links can help to establish a brand as a value-added information source and industry thought leader, which will impact repeat business.
3. Ineffective CTAs. CTAs are essential for meeting goals because they push the user where to a desired location. However, to be effective, they need to be easily seen. Keep CTAs positioned above the fold and in a consistent place on each page. Make CTAs pop by using borders, action verbiage, contrasting color, and surrounding them with sufficient white space. Additionally, ensure that CTAs are large enough and have enough padding between buttons for easy finger navigation on mobile devices.
4. Long website loading times. Many issues impact loading speed, which causes high bounce rates. Users will opt to try an alternate site rather than waiting on a slow one. To improve loading speed, optimize coding, use a quality hosting service, unplug non-essential plugins, repair broken links, and utilize compression. The improvements will result in better user retention, conversion, and repeat business.
5. Incompatibility with mobile devices. Sites that are not optimized for mobile devices simply cannot compete in the digital landscape. Mobile responsive sites with vertical scrolling and resizable images and text see far greater retention, conversion, sharing, and repeat business than non-optimized sites.
6. Not optimizing text and images for Google indexing. All images and text should be optimized for search engines, or it will be difficult to find the site. Include descriptions, alt text, and keywords when labeling images, include keywords in the text for titles, headers, descriptions, and content, and include links and updated content on the site. These steps, along with improving loading times and optimizing for mobile devices, will provide a substantial SEO boost.
7. Inability to make any changes to websites without a web-designer. To establish a brand as an authoritative voice in the industry, fresh content should be added to its website on a regular basis. Site owners need the ability to update their site as needed without waiting on their web designer, otherwise users will have no reason to consistently return to the website and search engines will run out of content to crawl. Utilize software options that will enable real-time updates to implement changes as needed without bringing the web-designer back in.
fishbat is a full-service online marketing company and social media agency dedicated to connecting all types of businesses with their target audiences in the most effective and efficient way. Through innovative strategies in social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), branding, web design, reputation management, and public relations, fishbat promotes a consistent and professional online voice for all of its clients.
Media Contact: Scott Darrohn, fishbat, 855-347-4228, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com