REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2014) - Oracle (
Siam Makro is investing in a new retail business platform to deliver actionable insight and optimized operations and support its Pan-Asian growth objectives. The multi-format retail company has selected Oracle Retail solutions to offer the retail experience that the modern global consumer demands.
- Siam Makro, the Thailand-based wholesale cash and carry store chain, has selected a variety of Oracle solutions including Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management, Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization, Oracle Retail Stores Solutions, Oracle Retail Business Intelligence and Oracle Retail Supply Chain Planning and Execution solutions to upgrade its current systems to manage its growing business model and future expansion targets outside their domestic Thai market segment.
- With a variety of store formats, including Makro Cash & Carry, Makro Food Services, Siam Frozen Shop and Vina Siam Food Services across the Southeast Asian region, Siam Makro recognized the need to upgrade its systems to improve overall business efficiency and productivity as well as support its roadmap for growth and optimized operations over the next decade.
- Through this investment in Oracle solutions, Siam Makro expects to see the planned transformation of its current business model to a more diversified strategy, which includes expansion to neighboring regions.
- Part of this transformation strategy was a review of the current business processes to improve planning efficiency and effectiveness, drive reductions in business costs and improve business margins.
- The use of Oracle Retail solutions is a catalyst for driving the business transformation and will offer business insight and enhance the customer experience to help improve Siam Makro's competitive position.
- Following a comprehensive evaluation of leading products, Siam Makro selected Oracle Retail solutions due to their best in class functionality and compatibility with the company's business requirements.
- "Oracle has provided us with a solid end-to-end retail solution that can deliver clear integration and IT management benefits to support Siam Makro's expansion needs for the next decade," said Saowaluck Thithapant, Chief Financial Officer, Siam Makro Public Co. "We wanted an internationally experienced partner with a proven retail track record in delivering transformational retail solutions, so Oracle is the right choice for us."
- "Siam Makro's extensive investment in Oracle Retail solutions will support the company's aims for expansion by providing a scalable, comprehensive retail platform," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle Retail is supporting Siam Makro through its business transformation, and we look forward to helping them achieve their business goals."
- About Siam Makro
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail Blog
- Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.