VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Sierra Wireless (SWIR) (SW.TO) today announced that the company will showcase its solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) at Mobile World Congress 2017, which takes place February 27 - March 2, in Barcelona, Spain.
Sierra Wireless will exhibit in the GSMA Innovation City, located in Hall 4, which invites visitors to explore a city-like environment and experience immersive demonstrations of the most cutting-edge, mobile-enabled products and services in the world today.
The Start with Sierra experience in stand #4A30 will showcase applications using its latest cellular technologies for the IoT, including:
- A chance to drive the world’s fastest connected car. The BLOODHOUND Supersonic Car Driving Experience lets speeders see what it’s like to blast across the desert at 1,000mph / 1,600kmph. Sitting in a race seat, visitors will have to keep the car on the line, throttling the jet engine and firing the rockets at the optimum time to reach max velocity before using the three braking systems to slow the car beside the turnaround crew. BLOODHOUND SSC will utilize Sierra Wireless AirPrime® LTE embedded modules and AirLink® gateways to send and receive critical data, including live streaming video feeds in its attempts at the world land speed record.
- The opportunity to pilot a drone around Barcelona. Visitors will use exclusive simulators featuring PrecisionHawk’s Low Altitude Traffic and Airspace Safety (LATAS) platform to avoid hazards on land and in the sky. Sierra Wireless AirPrime modules provide global LTE connectivity for the LATAS platform, which enables safe drone flight on a broad scale.
- A live network demonstration of how LPWA technology improves cellular coverage. Featuring a Veolia smart water application and smart meters from leading vendors, visitors will see how Sierra Wireless Cat-M1 modules continue to transmit over a live network in poor coverage conditions when a regular LTE (Cat-1) module cannot.
- An interactive wall featuring the IoT solutions of tomorrow. Visitors can explore how new IoT technology will enable them to reduce development time by up to one year, save millions by streamlining global operations and enable new business models.
Conferences and Seminars
Sierra Wireless executives will take part in the Mobile World Congress conference program, with the following speaking engagements:
- Industrial IoT Roundtable: Sierra Wireless CEO, Jason Cohenour, will join the panel exploring the broader IoT topic of turning data into action at the PwC Digital Revolution Summit on Tuesday, February 28, 2:00 P.M., in Hall 8.0 NEXTech Theatre D.
- Autonomous Vehicle Conference: Olivier Pauzet, VP of Marketing and Market Strategy, and Volkswagen will present together on Monday, February 27th, at 4:15 P.M., in Hall 4 Auditorium 2.
- GSMA Global Mobile IoT Summit: Nicolas Damour, Senior Manager of Business and Innovation, will speak about the important role LPWA networks will play in connecting billions of new IoT devices, on Sunday, February 26th at 1:00 P.M., at the Hesperia Tower Hotel.
Follow #StartwithSierra on Twitter for the latest news and developments.
To view the full conference program, visit https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/conference/.
About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless (SWIR) (SW.TO) is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. Customers start with Sierra because we offer the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G embedded modules and gateways, seamlessly integrated with our secure cloud and connectivity services. OEMs and enterprises worldwide trust our innovative solutions to get their connected products and services to market faster. Sierra Wireless has more than 1,000 employees globally and operates R&D centers in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Connect with Sierra Wireless on the IoT Blog at http://www.sierrawireless.com/iot-blog, on Twitter at @SierraWireless, on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sierra-wireless and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/SierraWireless.
“AirPrime”, “AirLink” and “Sierra Wireless” are registered trademarks of Sierra Wireless. Other product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, plans and timing for the introduction or enhancement of our services and products, statements about future market conditions, supply conditions, channel and end customer demand conditions, revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, profits, and other expectations, intentions, and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. Our expectations regarding future revenues and earnings depend in part upon our ability to successfully develop, manufacture, and supply products that we do not produce today and that meet defined specifications. When used in this press release, the words "plan", "expect", "believe", and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and changes in the wireless data communications market. In light of the many risks and uncertainties surrounding the wireless data communications market, you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized.