Simone, 24, didn’t share a lot of details about her freaky injury in her Instagram Stories but said, “here’s an update on my finger that the dog bit me,” before showing her wounds.
“This dog at the farm just said NOT TODAY,” Simone joked. So, she said, she had to go to the doctor to get a tetanus shot. In the video, you can see intense gashes taken out of the side and top of her pointer finger.
“German Shepherds don’t play,” she wrote over top, noting that she’s been around the breed her whole life and has never been bitten.
Simone is a huge dog fan and is also mom to two adorable French bulldogs, Lilo and Rambo, who even have their own Instagram account:
Simone low-key freaked out after the balance beam finals at the Olympics when she spotted Access Hollywood’s Scott Evans waving cardboard cut-outs of Lilo and Rambo in the stands.
Unfortunately, a dog bite can happen to anyone. If you happen to be bitten, the Cleveland Clinic recommends doing the following:
Wash the wound with mild soap and run warm tap water over it for five to 10 minutes.
Slow the bleeding with a clean cloth.
Apply over-the-counter antibiotic cream, if you have it.
Wrap the wound in a sterile bandage.
Keep the wound bandaged and see your doctor. (They may recommend that you get a tetanus shot like Simone.)
Change the bandage several times a day once your doctor has examined your wound.
Watch for signs of infection, including redness, swelling, increased pain, and fever.
Simone seems to be doing okay now. She later shared a pic of herself looking happy in a gorgeous gold and white sparkly leotard. Feel better, Simone!
You Might Also Like