SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore's Ministry of Manpower released detailed unemployment data for the October-December quarter and the whole of 2015 on Tuesday:
(percent, seasonally adjusted)
Q4/2015 Q3/15 Q2/15 Q1/15
1.9 2.0 2.0 1.8
- The final fourth quarter jobless rate was 1.9 percent, unchanged from the preliminary estimate.
- Total employment rose by 16,100 in the fourth quarter.
- For the whole of 2015, total employment grew by 32,300. That was the slowest since 2003, when total employment fell by 12,900.
- The annual average of the overall unemployment rate eased to 1.9 percent in 2015 from 2.0 percent in 2014.
- Singapore has been making it harder for firms to hire low-cost foreign workers to try to reduce its dependence on overseas labour and address complaints by citizens concerned about overcrowding and increased competition for jobs.
For the full report, click on: http://www.mom.gov.sg
(Reporting by Masayuki Kitano)