WEBSTER CITY, IA / ACCESSWIRE / January 9, 2015 / Smoky Market Foods, Inc. (OTC Pink: SMKY) (SMKY), released today its guidance for operations and financing during the first quarter of 2015. Eddie Feintech, Chairman, President & CEO of the company, stated, "We accomplished a great deal of positive positioning in the last six months of 2014 that included i) getting current on our SEC filings, ii) securing substantial financing ($650,000) for inventory & receivables so as to affiliate with large restaurant, grocery and retail chains for branded distribution, iii) setting up a unique company-owned regional sales & distribution structure to gain control of selling activities, iv) initiating letters of intent to acquire strategic food companies with our debt financing commitment, and v) engaging Steve Crowley for media stock awareness support via his highly popular 'American Scene Radio' interview talk show and TV presentations. We will execute on all these sales, marketing and acquisition activities during Q1 and the months that follow."
The Company's guidance for operations and financing during the next three to six months includes certain activities that are continuing from late 2014 initiations and others that require an amount of capital to initiate in Q1. The purpose of this news release is to provide market investors and shareholders with an accurate picture of the Company's status and a vividly clear understanding of what the Company's executive management team is doing during this period. Said Eddie Feintech, "Our public company profile is now manicured and with our artisan quality product, large production capacity and ability to provide shipping credit terms, our co-branding proposition can be very attractive to restaurant, grocery and select retail chains who see our sales driving potential and the very lucrative up-side opportunity from the performance-based stock options we can offer. Our unique affiliate value opportunity also extends to the small-to-medium size boutique food manufacturers and Internet marketing companies we are pursuing for acquisition to propel our revenue growth in 2015."
The Company enters 2015 with the following activities and structures in place to execute upon during Q1. In order to implement most of these plans, the Company is effecting a private placement of common stock for $200,000 to augment its $650,000 of existing financing that covers the large cost of inventory & receivables. (The Company's website contains pertinent information on the business plan, SEC filings and the special investment opportunity, and investors eager to get more detailed information are urged to visit our website at www.smokymarket.com.)
- Its Iowa processor (Mary Ann's Specialty Foods), under the terms of the development agreement, is taking the lead with product introductions to traditional foodservice distributors and to certain of their customers for both branded and private label distribution of the Company’s Smoke-Baked salmon.
- Direct executive-level introductions are being arranged and made to an initial group of several restaurant & beverage chains that would feature either the Company's smoked salmon menu items or possibly a larger selection of its menu system of other protein items along with its Smoke-Baked Beans.
- Direct executive-level introductions are being arranged and made to an initial group of small, regional upper-scale and health oriented grocery markets and fitness retailers for placement of the Company's attractive point-of-sale frozen display merchandiser, which features 2-portion packages of the Company's Smoke-Baked Salmon Fillets and Flaked Salmon. On-site sampling will help drive consumer purchases. (Additional lease-debt financing is required to launch this program of distribution.)
- The Company is establishing a national organization of wholly-owned, regional operating companies (ROC) that are entrepreneurial in structure and designed to provide dedicated field sales operations for the Company's products within a concentrated geographic territory that enables lower-cost, next-day ground delivery of product to commercial end-users and consumers. ROC operations are being set into place for the Pacific Northwest (Idaho, Washington & Oregon) and Mid-West (Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota & Missouri), with strategic food company acquisitions anticipated during Q1-Q2 that will add ROCs for Northern & Southern California, the Atlantic Northeast and BC Canada.
- In connection with the launch of each ROC, consumers within that respective territory will then be able to purchase the Company's products on-line from its website and enjoy the next-day ground delivery feature. It is also the intention of the Company to approach Amazon during January to offer its healthful product for consumer ordering, as the initial ROC openings can service many major cities where Amazon is launching their intensive marketing push for on-line grocery ordering.
- The Company will be using its affiliation with Steve Crowley's American Scene Radio to keep the market continually informed with accurate and exciting commentary on its operating progress and related events. Next interview show is Friday, Jan. 9 @ 5:00 EST: Visit: www.wsbrradio.com for live studio feed.
About Smoky Market Foods
Smoky Market Foods, Inc. is a producer and distributor of artisan-quality, Smoke-BakeD(TM) foods that are prepared authentically using a unique wood-burning oven system, and sold under the brand names of Smoky Market(R) and Smoky Kosher(TM). Because of its proprietary wood-burning oven technology, which burns freshly-cut hickory timber to impart a genuine smoky flavor, the Company's Smoke-Baked meat and fish are truly prepared the old-fashioned way, without the use of any additives or chemical preservatives, and with very low sodium and no sugar, brine or curing. This aspect of quality wholesomeness in prepared food processing is a market niche feature. Smoky Market Foods, Inc. intends to build international retail and foodservice channels of distribution for its smoked foods, and to accelerate its overall corporate revenue growth through making strategic food company acquisitions.
Statements in this news release regarding future financial and operating results, future growth in research and development programs, potential applications of our technology, opportunities for the company and any other statements about the future expectations, beliefs, goals, plans, or prospects expressed by management constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact (including statements containing the words "will," "believes," "plans," "anticipates," "expects," "estimates," and similar expressions) should also be considered to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including: our limited operating history, need for future capital and need to enter into relationships with retailers for retail merchandising business, supply and distribution risks, risks inherent in the development and commercialization of potential products, protection of our intellectual property, and economic conditions generally. Additional information on potential factors that could affect our results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed from time to time in the company's periodic reports, including the company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. Forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs, opinions, and expectations of the company's management at the time they are made, and the company does not assume any obligation to update its forward-looking statements if those beliefs, opinions, expectations, or other circumstances should change.
SMOKY MARKET FOODS, INC.
P.O. Box 2864
Aptos, CA 95001
SOURCE: Smoky Market Foods, Inc.