Sofia Vergara is everywhere. Variety reports that the Modern Family star is will soon be the subject of short-form reality series on Snapchat. The six-episode series, titled Vergaraland, will focus on Vergara’s Hollywood career, shown through the eyes of her 24-year-old son Manolo González Vergara.
The show, which debuts this summer, is being co-produced by Fusion, along with Vergara’s own production company, Latin World Entertainment. “Manolo finally graduated and I am very happy for his alliance with Fusion to create such an innovative series,” said Vergara in an official statement. That Fusion is making the show for Snapchat’s international audience is fitting; the company, which aims its content at a young and diverse audience, is already a part of the Snapchat Discover feature that launched in January. Fusion’s Discover channel isn’t yet available in the US, however.
Vergaraland joins a number of other original Snapchat series, including Literally Can’t Even, which got renewed for a second season last month. Vergara, for her part, is ever on the rise. Ahead of the debut of her buddy comedy Hot Pursuit last week, the actress just received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
More from theverge.com:
- NASA’s Greased Lightning drone hovers like a helicopter, flies like a plane
- NYT Now is the best way to read The New York Times without a subscription
- Metal Gear is solidly stuck in the past
- Google shuts down Maps editor after peeing Android debacle
- Why Microsoft is calling Windows 10 ‘the last version of Windows’
- Mystery radio signals that baffled astronomers for years came from the staff microwave
- LG Watch Urbane review
- Marvel’s master plan: The complete novice’s guide to Infinity Stones
- More human than human: the making of Ex Machina’s incredible robot