AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Aug 14, 2013) - SolarWinds (
SolarWinds Virtualization Manager delivers comprehensive virtualization management from VM to datastore, including VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V capacity planning, performance monitoring, VM sprawl control, configuration management, and chargeback automation.
Using the new integration with SolarWinds SAM, users can get an integrated view of the virtualized application stack including automatic slices of the virtual infrastructure supporting a given application or from the other side, the ability to see what applications are hitting a given virtual resource. The virtualization admin can also instantly see what applications are dependent on a given virtual resource to ensure that issues are addressed before problems occur, avoiding finger-pointing across domains.
Unlike virtualization management solutions that can't see beyond the hypervisor, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager's new virtualized application stack management provides a next generation of management solutions. Working across technology silos to manage the software-defined or virtualized data center, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager enables IT pros to quickly answer:
- Why is my application slow?
- Which of my datastores are busiest?
- Do I have any CPU/memory/storage capacity I can reclaim?
- What VMs and apps are on this datastore?
In addition, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager now supports virtual storage management for the latest versions of Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere hypervisors.
SolarWinds Virtualization Manager Highlights:
- Real-time dashboards for simplified forecasting, detection, and troubleshooting of performance problems and capacity bottlenecks
- Proactive VM capacity planning and monitoring including "what-if" scenario modeling
- VM sprawl identification to help reclaim and optimize space and reduce licensing costs
- Tracking and identification of VM and host configurations over time
- SolarWinds product integration
- SolarWinds SAM integration provides users with end-to-end mapping and application-specific infrastructure views to simplify troubleshooting and performance management
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor offers users enhanced virtualization metrics, simplified navigation and single-pane-of-glass data for virtualization, network, application, and storage performance
- SolarWinds Storage Manager integration offers users visibility into the virtualization environment down through the datastore, LUN and storage hardware
SolarWinds Virtualization Manager starts at $2,995 and includes one year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
Join SolarWinds at VMworld San Francisco 2013
VMworld attendees are invited to stop by Booth 430 from August 25-28 to see live demo and learn from the experts about SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, and SolarWinds Storage Manager, and to grab some geeky gear and enter for a chance to win an iPad Mini. On Monday, August 26, attendees are invited to a free SolarWinds party at Annabelle's Bar from 6-9 p.m. PDT. SolarWinds Virtualization Manager is a virtualization management contender in this year's "Best of VMworld Awards."
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.