AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Nov 7, 2012) - SolarWinds (
Networks have evolved from one-size-fits-all single vendor environments to a complex array of technologies, both physical and virtual, as well as specialized vendors. With this evolution, and the emergence of cloud computing, the job of the network engineer has become more complex. At the same time, the available staff and resources have been squeezed as businesses adjust to the current economic times.
By working closely with and listening to members of thwack, SolarWinds' online community made up of 100,000+ IT users, the company is able to prioritize the functionality that addresses the needs of users today and keep a pulse on the anticipated problems of tomorrow. This interaction with thwack members enables SolarWinds to ensure that NPM and its other products are designed to help IT pros do their jobs more efficiently and effectively.
IT pros want more than basic up/down statistics on all network devices. They want deeper, vendor-specific insight on different kinds of hardware and network services. In the last three releases of SolarWinds NPM, the company has added support for Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus 1000v, Juniper, Meru Wireless Controller, JunOS, Netscreen, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. The latest SolarWinds NPM will extend the view and support of more hardware and network services, including:
- F5 BIG-IP Application Delivery Controller and HP MSM760/765 wireless access controller support improves multi-vendor ease of use for heterogeneous networks.
- Hardware health monitoring delivers at-a-glance insight into the health network hardware by monitoring, alerting and reporting on the state of key device sensors including temperature, fan speed and power supply.
Combined with a comprehensive performance and health view, IT pros also need faster, more efficient ways to manage network issues. The new SolarWinds NPM will help accelerate and simplify troubleshooting with improved data visualization and organization, including:
- Real-time, interactive drag-and-discover performance charts display key device performance statistics like interface throughput, CPU load, latency, packet loss, disk space used, and more.
- Multiple Universal Device Pollers (UnDPs) chart graphs and summarizes the results of a single UnDP for multiple nodes in one view.
- Audit Tracking logs, alerts and reports changes users make including node deletions and logins/logouts for compliancy.
IT Management for Networks of all Sizes and Complexity
SolarWinds' network management suite of solutions offers IT pros a comprehensive and easy-to-understand view of their networks' performance from a single pane of glass. From network performance to configuration and compliance to traffic analysis and more, IT pros can deploy SolarWinds network management products to build a robust and scalable IT management system that fits their evolving needs. In addition to the SolarWinds NPM release, already available network management products include:
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) -- Flow-based network traffic monitoring.
- SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) -- Easy-to-use IP address space management.
- SolarWinds VoIP & Network Quality Manager -- VoIP and WAN performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- SolarWinds User Device Tracker (UDT) -- Switch port monitoring and mapping.
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) -- Network change and configuration management solution.
- SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM) -- Log collection, analysis and real-time event correlation.
- SolarWinds Firewall Security Manager (FSM) -- Multi-vendor firewall management.
- SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset -- A collection of network troubleshooting tools.
- SolarWinds LANsurveyor -- Automated network diagram generator.
"SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor is a product of the combined input of our thwack community and our experience serving over 75,000 licensed network management tools and solutions customers worldwide," said Sanjay Castelino, VP and market leader, SolarWinds. "The updated SolarWinds NPM offers extended visibility, faster troubleshooting capability and the greater control IT teams need to solve every day problems combined with the value and ease of use IT pros have come to rely on as a standard in network management software."
"For nearly 10 years and for three different companies, I've been using SolarWinds for its ease of use, flexibility, reliability and stability," said Randy Brown, network administrator, Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital. "With SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, we've improved our troubleshooting capabilities and eliminated the false positive alerts and notifications we were receiving from our previous network monitoring solution. It's the perfect solution for centralizing network data across our data center."
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor starts at $2,475 and includes a year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.