BOULDER, CO and SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - August 21, 2014) - SolidFire, the leader in all-flash storage systems built for the Next Generation Data Center, today unveiled details of their VMware Virtual Volumes (VVOLs) integration that will be demonstrated at VMworld next week in San Francisco. SolidFire's VVOLs integration is the first to enable a complete suite of fine-grain Quality of Service (QoS) controls and make them accessible natively within the VMware ESX hypervisor. This functionality increases the agility and flexibility of VMware storage stacks running on SolidFire's All-Flash Storage Arrays, making enterprise infrastructure more adaptive and responsive to the needs of enterprise IT delivery.
"Service providers and large-scale enterprises are quickly moving from a series of siloed storage infrastructures to a single environment capable of supporting a broad mix of application workloads," said SolidFire's VP of Product Management, Adam Carter. "Customers not only want to consolidate but also want to have greater control from a single platform. To support this transition, you need a storage system that not only delivers predictable performance, but actually makes allocation and management of that performance seamless and native within tools like VMware that are already incumbent within the datacenter."
Combined with VMware's VVOLs and Storage Policy Based Management] (SPBM), SolidFire's Quality of Service (QoS) architecture will deliver simple policy-based management with complete, independent control of capacity and performance. Customers can now densely consolidate a broad set of Tier 1 and Tier 2 applications -- each with a guaranteed level of performance.
"At SolidFire being a 'control freak' is something we take very seriously," said Jay Prassl, VP of Marketing at SolidFire. "We know that IT Managers are struggling to support the rapidly shifting demands of their business and the applications that drive it. We built our storage platform from the ground up around the ability to give enterprise IT managers more control, automation and scale than they've ever had before."
SolidFire will be demonstrating its VVOLs offering at VMworld (booth #1629) and will be highlighting recently released Fibre Channel functionality along with vSphere, Horizon View, and guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS).
In addition, three of SolidFire's key technology partners -- Citrix, Dell and Samsung -- will also be demonstrating their solutions powered by SolidFire storage technology from their exhibit locations at VMworld:
- Citrix (booth #1940) will showcase how SolidFire's scale-out architecture addresses storage Quality of Service and scale requirements while reducing cost in Citrix XenDesktop VDI environments.
- Dell (booth #1417) will demonstrate its Dell Wyse Datacenter for VMware Horizon DaaS, an end-to-end infrastructure solution designed to provide service providers with a cost-effective and competitive starting point to deliver scalable Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) offerings, on a SolidFire all-flash array.
- Samsung (booth #1912) will feature a SolidFire all-flash array to showcase how its advanced SSD technology has been designed and built for sustained performance, low latency and high endurance use in large-scale data centers.
Visit SolidFire's booth (#1629) and join us at these speaking sessions and VMworld events:
- Craft Beer Tasting with SolidFire, Monday, Aug 25, 6:00pm - 9:00pm at the ThirstyBear Brewery. Register, pick up a pint glass and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to the Great American Beer Festival. #vBeerTasting
- At the SolidFire booth (#1629), enter the "Ultimate Control Freak" daily contest for a chance to win a DJI Phantom 2 Vision flying camera. See the Official Rules.
SolidFire Speaking Sessions:
- Delivering Guaranteed Storage Performance using VMware's VVOLs, Aaron Delp, Cloud Architect, SolidFire - Tuesday, Aug 26, 1:50pm - 2:10pm
- Hypervisor & Storage QoS; Two Great Tastes That Taste Great Together, Adam Carter, VP of Product Management, SolidFire - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- New Kids of the Storage Block, File and Share - Panel Discussion, Dave Wright, CTO & Founder, SolidFire - Tuesday, Aug 26, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- #vBrownBag Tech Talk: Agile Infrastructure: A New Architecture, Keith Norbie, Sr. Business Development Manager, SolidFire - Wednesday, Aug 27, 4:45pm
- #vBrownBag Tech Talk: Flash Decisions, Keith Norbie, Sr. Business Development Manager, SolidFire - Thursday, Aug 28, 12:15pm
- #vBrownBag Tech Talk: VMware Horizon at Scale - Solving for Storage, Keith Norbie, Sr. Business Development Manager, SolidFire - Thursday, Aug 28, 2:00pm
- At Samsung's booth (#1912), hear SolidFire discuss how Samsung's SSD technology and SolidFire's guaranteed QoS are paving the way to the Next Generation Data Center:
- Sunday, Aug 24, 4:30pm
- Monday, Aug 25, 1:30pm & 4:30pm
- Tuesday, Aug 26, 12:30pm
- Wednesday, Aug 27, 1:30pm
SolidFire is the market leader in all-flash storage systems built for the enterprise and next generation data center. Leveraging SolidFire's all-flash architecture, with volume-level Quality of Service (QoS) controls, customers now can guarantee storage performance to thousands of applications within a shared infrastructure. Coupling this functionality with in-line data reduction techniques and system-wide automation results in substantial capital and operating cost savings relative to traditional disk and basic all-flash storage systems.