WESTFORD, Mass., March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sonus helps Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) prevent advanced cyber-attacks targeting their Evolved Packet Core (EPC) networks and IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS) through new security architecture developed with Palo Alto Networks.
- Sonus addresses evolving MNO security challenges in 4G-LTE networks with a new security architecture, developed with Palo Alto Networks, that provides full visibility and enforcement associated with signaling and multimedia traffic, with a focus on preventing malware.
- The security architecture is designed to increase mobile subscriber security, improve customer experience, reduce mobile operator total cost of ownership (TCO) and protect mobile network infrastructure from service abuse and revenue losses.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (SONS), a global leader in securing Cloud and real-time communications, today announced a new architecture designed to mitigate the impacts of rogue LTE endpoint devices and erroneous IP traffic crossing 4G-LTE mobile networks. The Sonus security architecture, developed with Palo Alto Networks, includes existing Sonus Session Border Controller (SBC) elements, providing the Interconnection Border Control Function and Proxy-Call Session Control Function (IBCF and P-CSCF), as well as the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform to move security to the network edge, lowering mobile networks costs and customer churn.
The joint architecture allows MNOs to implement new policies that block unauthorized traffic on EPC networks, increase security, reduce network congestion and associated costs, and enhance the user experience of MNOs' mobile subscribers by providing protection from mobile malware.
MNOs can now leverage their Sonus P-CSCF and IBCF deployments to detect and mitigate anomalous IP communications traffic from rogue endpoints, as well as obtain complete visibility and threat prevention capabilities provided by the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform. With this security architecture in place, MNOs can reduce capital costs by limiting the over-provisioning of networks while implementing a more effective overall security posture in conjunction with growing IP Communications services, such as VoLTE and VoWiFi. Additionally, MNOs can deter theft of service and ensure greater network availability and quality of experience for mobile subscribers by preventing targeted network attacks and blocking malware targeting mobile devices.
"The Sonus and Palo Alto Networks architecture brings together the unique capabilities offered by each company to deliver a best-in-class security solution for mobile operators that unifies LTE data and VoLTE security policy and enforcement," said Kevin Riley, Sonus CTO and senior vice president, Engineering. "Establishing a secure mobile network for the Internet of Things will be a key differentiator for mobile operators and their customers in the coming years. We are looking forward to working with Palo Alto Networks to continue this momentum as we get ahead of identity and security issues and redefine this evolving landscape together."
"Mobile network operators must have full visibility into all types of mobile network traffic in order to prevent cyberattacks. The joint architecture announced today by Sonus Networks, in collaboration with Palo Alto Networks, provides MNOs with comprehensive traffic visibility within their infrastructure, and combines the cyber breach prevention capabilities of our Next-Generation Security Platform with Sonus' advanced security for the VoLTE/voice network," said Scott Stevens, Palo Alto Networks senior vice president of Global Service Provider Sales. "This joint architecture provides active coordination between our platforms to provide a new level of security into the VoLTE/VoWifi network."
- In 2017, over a third of the world's population is projected to own a smartphone, an estimated total of almost 2.6 billion smartphone users in the world, a majority of which will support VoLTE.
- The Sonus SBC SWe was named a 2016 Cloud Security Excellence Award Winner by TMCnet and Cloud Computing magazine.
- Download the joint whitepaper "Secure The Mobile Network" whitepaper by Sonus and Palo Alto Networks.
- Listen to a replay of the Sonus sponsored webinar Your UC Network Will Be Attacked! Get Ahead of the Threat Now.
- Download the e-book Securing Real-Time Communications For Dummies, detailing potential cyber-attacks and ways enterprises can secure their own systems to prevent them.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and Media/Signaling Gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
For More Information:
Wendy Tullo, +1-978-614-8167
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-and-palo-alto-networks-team-to-deliver-advanced-mobile-network-protection-from-cyber-threats-targeting-rich-communication-services-300426632.html