-- Experience Sony's Total Education Solution from Oct. 14-17 in Chicago --
PARAMUS, N.J., Oct. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Electronics Inc. will exhibit in booth #313 at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, a premier higher-education event that brings together global professionals and technology providers to share ideas and discover solutions that address today's educational challenges. During the show, which takes place from October 14-17 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, Sony will showcase end-to-end products including network cameras, professional displays and projectors, as well as solutions that increase collaboration, foster active learning and enhance engagement through video learning, artificial intelligence (AI) technology and lecture capture capabilities.
"Sony has provided technology to higher-ed institutions for decades, and the key to our success has been understanding the challenges the industry faces," said Theresa Alesso, pro division president, Sony Electronics. "Our product design is based on input from current and future customers. At EDUCAUSE, we are showing products and solutions that enhance the learning journey by improving collaboration and engagement between educators and students."
Conference attendees can experience the following Sony products and solutions at EDUCAUSE:
- Vision Exchange: Sony's intuitive and easy to configure flagship interactive collaboration and active learning solution creates an immersive environment for lecturers, students and colleagues to work together, learn and brainstorm ideas. Benefits of Vision Exchange include bring your own device (BYOD) wireless sharing, improved communication and distance learning through Skype for Business, as well as the smart Personal Note Taker and annotation capabilities.
The latest version of Vision Exchange—Version 1.3—offers improved operation workflow and enhanced features, such as the ability to power on and off both the main unit and each pod simultaneously, as well as the ability to save snapshots automatically to a USB drive inserted into the main unit or pods.
Vision Exchange is currently being adopted by colleges and universities across North America, including Barton Community College, University of Massachusetts Lowell and University of Rhode Island.
- UbiCast interactive video learning solution: Sony and UbiCast's Miris Netcapture software and Miris Video Platform provide easy-to-use, network-based lecture capture and enable interactive learning experiences. The UbiCast solution can also integrate with Vision Exchange to create more engaging video content. In combination with Vision Exchange, the new Miris Netcapture offers education organizations a flexible and scalable solution that cost-effectively enables interactive lectures and lecture capture all at once. Miris Netcapture records the streamed content from Vision Exchange and transfers it to UbiCast's Miris Video Platform for editing, managing and distributing through a video player dedicated to social learning. This network-based content capture solution removes the need for each room or lecture hall to be equipped with its own recording device. Instead, Miris Netcapture is permanently located in the server room and dynamically captures the required classroom with Vision Exchange equipped.
Conference attendees are invited to visit Sony's booth for hosted demonstrations of the UbiCast Interactive Video Learning Platform and raffles at the following times:
- AI-based Edge Analytics Appliance: Sony's first AI-based video analytics solution, the REA-C1000, allows users to create video content in real time without the need for specialized training, additional staff or equipment.
The compact and lightweight REA-C1000 uses advanced AI-based video analytics technology to analyze the input it receives from connected cameras and automatically extract the object in focus to combine it with other images in real time. This unique technology uses motion/face detection and color/shape recognition, enabling the REA-C1000 to be the powerful brain of any connected camera and AV setup. The technology allows organizations to cost-effectively create professional, engaging content. Optional features to enhance the appliance's capabilities incorporate benefits including handwriting extraction and presenter overlay, chroma keyless CG overlay, PTZ auto tracking, focus area cropping and close-up by gesture.
- IP-based PTZ camera lineup: The 4K BRC-X400, SRG-X400 and SRG-X120 cameras join Sony's FHD (full high definition) lineup, and feature a wide viewing angle, IP support and are equipped with NDI®|HX1 capability through an optional license. The NDI|HX option presents unprecedented flexibility in simple and cost-effective IP-based live production systems when combined with other NDI-compatible hardware or software anywhere on the network. The new cameras are compatible with Sony's Edge Analytics Appliance.
- Laser projectors: The new VPL-FHZ75 (6500lm) and VPL-FHZ70 (5500lm) cater to the increased market demand for high brightness projection in midsize environments, including classrooms.
Offering WUXGA resolution, both projectors use a newly developed 0.76-inch LCD panel with an incorporated optical compensator to deliver bright and vibrant images with stunning contrast, offering true blacks and accurate-to-life color reproduction. Both models come with a new, innovative 'intelligent setting' feature that simplifies the installation process by automatically selecting the best configuration based on the projectors' environment.
- BRAVIA 4K professional displays: Sony's series of BRAVIA 4K professional displays, ranging in size from 43 inches to 85 inches, are ideal for digital signage, information and monitoring applications, as well as use in meeting rooms, classrooms and lobbies. The models offer powerful benefits, including network and serial communication control, flexible installation and high brightness, along with the option for cloud-based digital signage. The displays also feature an all-in-one system on a chip for easy installation with no additional hardware required.
Sony's team of experts will be on-hand during the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference to demonstrate the company's portfolio of education offerings. To learn about Sony's technologies for higher-education, please visit pro.sony.
If you can't join Sony at EDUCAUSE, we welcome you to attend Sony's Education Solutions Roadshow when it stops in a city near you from October-December 2019. Register for the Roadshow HERE.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming, robotics and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.
1 NDI® is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sony-electronics-to-highlight-end-to-end-solutions-supporting-the-learning-journey-at-educause-annual-conference-300934210.html