At next month’s Consumer Electronics Show, LG will show off appliances that you can easily control remotely with your smartphone. Send them a text with instructions and they’ll respond.
In a recent press release, LG stated:
LG Electronics (LP) will showcase its next generation of smart innovations and technologies that take advantage of Natural Language Processing (NLP) to allow customers to communicate, control, monitor and share content with LG home appliances via the popular mobile messenger, LINE, and LG’s HomeChat service.
With HomeChat, there is no learning curve because it was designed to be used with one of today’s most popular and free mobile messenger, LINE. With 310 million users worldwide, LINE is available on all major smartphone platforms … .
According to tech2, you will be able to conduct the following tasks remotely:
- Clean the floor with a robotic vacuum cleaner at a scheduled time.
- Set the refrigerator to power-saving mode if you are away from home for an extended period of time.
- Upload photos to the display panel on the refrigerator from a smartphone.
- Start and stop the washing machine, and receive notifications when the load is complete.
- Receive recipes and corresponding ingredients.
More capabilities can be found here.
All you have to do is send a text message to the appliance and it will complete your request. No need to worry about the kids not doing their share of the chores because these appliances will tell the story if you request status updates.
Would you purchase these appliances to reduce the amount of time you spend doing household chores? Share your thoughts in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
This article was originally published on MoneyTalksNews.com as 'Soon You’ll Be Texting With Your Washer and Fridge'.