Today in memes you didn’t know you needed: SoundCloud versus Bandcamp. First spotted by The Fader, “SoundCloud versus Bandcamp” pairs two contrasting photos, each representing one of the two popular music-streaming sites. On the left is SoundCloud, whose musicians tend toward what Fader aptly characterizes as “emo-rap”; on the right, Bandcamp stands in for “the lo-fi releases of artists like Frankie Cosmos.” The OG SoundCloud versus Bandcamp tweet from Twitter user @jsmithyeet has been retweeted nearly 10,000 times.
The meme, obviously, works for musicians, but it also works for just about any other object. As long as the one on the left is a little more extra than the one on the right.
- Twitter Is Having a Lot of Fun With Melania Trump’s Official White House Portrait
- Kim Stanley Robinson’s New York 2140: To Save the City, We Had to Drown It
- Is the MacBook Air Getting Replaced by the iPad Pro?
- This Might Be the First-Ever Video of a Baptism to Go Viral
- Apple’s Odd Apology Tour for Mac Pro Users