FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--(Marketwired - Apr 22, 2013) - In keeping with its focus on enrichment and discovery-led destination experiences, Voyages of Discovery has added exotic new regions and itineraries -- including South Africa and exotic Indian Ocean cruises -- to its new Summer 2014 and Winter 2014-15 programs on the newly refurbished 540-guest Voyager.
Those who book any of the new itineraries (departing May 4, 2014 through March 16, 2015) by June 30, 2013 will receive an Early Booking savings of up to ten percent. In addition, those who book an oceanview or balcony stateroom by June 30, 2013 will receive an onboard credit bonus of up to $300 per stateroom.
The new itineraries, which are now available for booking and featured on the line's website, www.voyagesofdiscovery.com, include 19 new ports of call in 10 countries and tailor-made opportunities for adventure and exploration at such distinctive destinations as Antsiranana, Madagascar; Walvis Bay, Namibia; Sarande, Albania; Husavik, Iceland; Dubai, UAE; and Cebu, Philippines. The new program also features an opportunity to view the spectacular Northern Lights and the line's ever-popular Black Sea cruise on October 8, 2014 (fares from $2,849 per person through 6/30/13). Brochures may be pre-ordered through the cruise line's website.
Among the exciting cruises during the Summer 2014 program are:
- Natural Wonders and Wildlife (May 17, 2014, 14 days): Experience the geological magnificence of Iceland, including UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park and the prehistoric site of Skara Brae. Contrast that with the landscapes of the remote Faroe Islands. Enjoy wildlife first-hand while whale watching or viewing the amazing birdlife of the North Atlantic during this "Footloose" walking-themed cruise accompanied by expert tour guides. Fares begin at $2,374 per person through 6/30/13.
- Summer Solstice and the North Cape (June 14, 2014, 15 days): This cruise departing from London (Portsmouth) includes the beauty of the midnight sun at the North Cape, the stunning landscapes of the Lofoten Islands, the charm of Bergen, the beautiful Langfoss waterfall and the engineering feat of the Atlantic Road. Fares begin at $2,374 per person through 6/30/13.
- Adriatic, Ionian & Aegean Odyssey (Sept. 24, 2014, 15 days): Cruise from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Piraeus, Greece, with visits to the UNESCO-listed Campiello in Corfu Town and Butrint in the not-often-visited country of Albania, the magical Meteora Monasteries, the magnificent sites of Athens, the islands of Santorini and Mykonos and the ports of Kotor, Montenegro and Chania, Greece. Fares begin at $2,374 per person through 6/30/13.
The Winter 2014-15 program also provides a wide range of new regions, including:
- East Africa and Indian Ocean Gems (Dec. 18, 2014, 15 days): This cruise allows guests to enjoy the winter sun and celebrate the holidays and New Year while cruising around Africa. Visit the Stone Town on Zanzibar Island, the vibrant city of Dar es Salaam, the idyllic Mauritius and stay in a safari lodge in Tanzania while getting acquainted with the continent's wildlife. Fares begin at $2,159 per person through 6/30/13.
- Magic of South Africa (January 17, 2015, 14 days): Experience the traditional lifestyle of the proud Zulus, the scenery and wildlife of South Africa, the beautiful city of Cape Town, the multi-cultural Durban, the authentic African lifestyle of Mozambique and the vibrant Richards Bay. Fares begin at $2,374 per person through 6/30/13.
- In Search of the Northern Lights (March 1, 2015, 16 days): Cruise along the spectacular Norwegian coast for a chance to see the awe-inspiring Northern Lights. Visit the Ice Hotel, go for a dog sled ride, gain insight into the Sami culture and visit the Arctic Cathedral in Tromso. Fares begin at $2,469 per person through 6/30/13.
Beginning with cruises departing May 4, 2014, Voyages of Discovery is including gratuities in addition to all the features already incorporated in the cruise fare -- the line's signature award-winning guest speaker program, enrichment workshops, all meals including cocktail parties and gala dinners, entertainment, and service fees for onboard bar and spa purchases.
On every cruise passengers will receive the warm and friendly hospitality that the line is known for as well as explore a world of intriguing destinations aboard the stylish Voyager which provides guests with the amenities of larger vessels and all the flexibility and features of the line's tradition of small-ship discovery cruising. Voyager's modern yet intimate facilities include 270 staterooms, of which 87 percent are ocean view, and 35 suites -- 30 with ocean view balconies.
Guests can dine in any of three spectacular restaurants with open seating dining which includes a new intimate pre-bookable specialty restaurant, The Explorer Club, at no extra charge.
For reservations, contact your travel professional or Voyages of Discovery at (866) 623-2689 or visit www.voyagesofdiscovery.com.