LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / August 18, 2019 / Compare-autoinsurance.org has released a new blog post that details how speeding tickets influence car insurance costs
For more info and free car insurance quotes, visit compare-autoinsurance.org/speeding-tickets-car-insurance/.
- Speeding is one of the most common traffic violations. Each year, millions of drivers are caught speeding and fined. But the financial repercussions do not end up after that fine. Insurance companies will also react. Find out how prices are influenced by speeding tickets. For more info about car insurance and free quotes, visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org/.
- The price of auto insurance is influenced by a range of factors. Some of these factors are specific to each individual. Personal driving history is one of the top influential factors. Insurance companies will check a client’s driving record, and they may use the information to help determine the risk of having an accident or making an insurance claim. A driver will be perceived at a higher risk of an accident because of traffic violations and will affect the cost of insurance.
- Car insurance rates will go up 22 to 30 percent, on average, after a speeding ticket, according to a rate analysis by CarInsurance.com. Drivers ticketed for speeding 15 miles or more over the speed limit receive higher rate increases. The next factor relates to repeat violations. Adding more tickets to the record will make premiums more and more expensive.
- In Michigan, Florida and Georgia, drivers are charged the most expensive premiums after a speeding ticket. Speeding with more than 16 mph above the legal limit and being caught will cause the premiums to increase with $1043 (Florida), $1064 (Georgia). Michigan residents will pay the most expensive penalty, with an average of $1666 premium increase. It is important to remember that Michigan has been declared the most expensive state to insure a car. This is caused by their no-fault system which grants unlimited benefits to the victims of an accident. Speedy drivers are severely punished to compensate for the risk.
- Each insurer charges in different way customers with speeding tickets. The exact increase depends on the state’s laws, how fast was the client driving and the insurance company. Each company has its own algorithm for assessing the risk caused by excessive speed.
- Speeding tickets will terminate all safe-driver discounts. On the long term, the client can lose thousands of dollars for having just a single speeding ticket. The math is simple, the safe driver discount + speeding ticket increase, multiplied by 3 or 5 (the number of years for which the speeding ticket will affect the rates).
“Having a speeding ticket will seriously affect insurance rates. Plus, you will lose certain benefits and discounts,”
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org/.
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company
View source version on accesswire.com: