ST. LOUIS, MO--(Marketwired - Aug 26, 2013) - Stifel Financial Corp. (
Stifel has ranked in the survey's top five for the last eight years and the top ten for twelve consecutive years. The firm ranks fifth in total awards won since 2004 (figures include Legg Mason Capital Markets, Ryan Beck, and Thomas Weisel Partners, which were acquired by Stifel Financial Corp.).
"Our performance in this year's FT/StarMine World's Top Analysts Survey further solidifies our commitment to quality research and our position as a leader in the industry," said Hugh Warns, Director of Research at Stifel. "We strive to add value to our client relationships by continuously enhancing our research offerings."
In the earnings estimate category, Stifel's Rod Petrik was named the #1 overall estimator among a field of approximately 4,000 analysts -- his second career #1 overall ranking. Stifel analysts also won eight awards in their respective industries, including five #1 rankings:
- Robert Craig and Jerry Herman, #1 in Diversified Consumer Services (10-time award winners)
- Christopher Growe, #1 in Tobacco (Five-time award winner)
- Patrick Newton, #1 in Electronic Equipment & Instruments
- Rod Petrik, #1 in Real Estate Investment Trusts (Four-time award winner)
- Todd Weller, #1 in Software (Six-time award winner)
- Christopher King, #2 in Diversified Telecommunication Services (Three-time award winner)
- Bill Loomis, #3 in IT Services
- Jeffrey Osborne, #3 in Electrical Equipment
In the stock-picking category, six Stifel analysts were recognized in this year's survey:
- Christopher Growe, #2 in Tobacco (Two-time award winner)
- Mark Swartzberg, #2 in Beverages (Five-time award winner)
- Daniel Bernstein, #3 in Health Care Providers and Services
- Chris Brendler, #3 in IT Services (Three-time award winner)
- Patrick Newton, #3 in Electronic Equipment & Instruments
- Shlomo Rosenbaum, #3 in Professional Services
In addition, Christopher Mutascio, formerly with Stifel and now with KBW, earned the following honors:
- #2 overall estimator
- #2 in earnings estimate accuracy in Commercial Banks (two-time award winner)
Three KBW analysts also won awards for earnings estimate accuracy:
- Frederick Cannon, #2 in Thrifts and Mortgage Finance (Three-time award winner)
- Joel Jeffrey, #2 in Capital Markets (Two-time award winner)
- Bose George, #3 in Real Estate Investment Trusts
KBW became a Stifel company in February 2013.
The FT/StarMine World's Top Analysts Survey recognizes analysts who have turned in exemplary performances either as earnings estimators or stock pickers during calendar year 2012. In determining the winners, StarMine identified the top three earnings estimators and stock pickers in 69 industries, as well as the top ten earnings estimators and stock pickers overall.
Stifel's outstanding performance builds on its strong showing in The Wall Street Journal's "Best on the Street" Analyst Survey for 2013, announced in May. In that survey, three Stifel analysts won awards for stock-picking: Daniel Bernstein, #2 in Health Care; Mark Swartzberg, #2 in Beverages (four-time winner); and Joshua Barber, #2 in Real Estate. KBW's Bose George ranked #1 in Consumer & Specialty Finance (two-time winner), and Jeffrey Schuman ranked #3 in Insurance: Life (three-time winner).
Stifel has ranked in the top 10 in the survey in each of the past twelve years (including acquired firms).
About Stifel Research
Stifel's equity research department is an industry leader in terms of breadth and quality, following significant investment over the last nine years. Stifel covers 976 companies across 11 industry groups and 69 sub-sectors, making it one of the top 10 largest providers of U.S. equity research. Stifel is also the third largest provider of U.S. small cap equity coverage and the largest provider of U.S. equity coverage in technology, according to StarMine.
About KBW Research
KBW's equity research department is an industry leader in specialized financial services. KBW covers 415 companies across 18 sub-sectors, making it the largest provider of U.S. equity research in financial institutions. KBW is also the fourth largest provider of U.S. small cap equity coverage, according to StarMine.
Stifel Company Information
Stifel Financial Corp. (