TELUS adds five Stingray channels to its offering: Stingray Festival 4K, Stingray Now 4K, Stingray Hits!, PalmarèsADISQ par Stingray, and Stingray Classica.
MONTREAL, Feb. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B.), a leading music, media, and technology company, is starting 2019 on a high note, today announcing the expansion of its distribution deal with TELUS. The agreement brings five new music television channels, Stingray Festival 4K, Stingray Now 4K, Stingray Hits!, PalmarèsADISQ par Stingray, and Stingray Classica to Optik TV subscribers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Quebec.
“Stingray is committed to offering pay TV providers the tools to implement highly effective differentiation and subscriber retention strategies through best-in-class music services,” said Eric Boyko, President, Co-founder, and CEO of Stingray. “We are thrilled to be expanding our relationship with TELUS, a key client and longstanding partner from our earliest days. This agreement is an important showcase for the quality and diversity of Stingray’s growing product portfolio.”
Also, Stingray’s music video channels Stingray Loud, Stingray Vibe, Stingray Retro, and Stingray Juicebox have become available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in HD.
- Stingray Classica is the world’s premium television destination dedicated to classical music, opera, and ballet. All productions were recorded in renowned concert halls, festivals, and opera houses such as Carnegie Hall, the Royal Concertgebouw, the Lucerne Festival, Teatro alla Scala, the Tanglewood Music Festival, Suntory Hall, the Bayerische Staatsoper, The Royal Ballet, the San Francisco Opera, Teatro Colón, and many more.
- PalmarèsADISQ par Stingray turns the spotlight on the stars of Quebec music and the best French-language Canadian music videos: today’s hottest new artists, the stars of tomorrow, and yesterday’s legends.
- Stingray Hits! rounds up massively popular music videos in both official languages by today’s hottest stars with a tasty dose of all-time favourites from the past 20 years.
- Stingray Festival 4K caters to an audience of music fans and technophiles of all ages who will thrill at spectacular live performances and events broadcast in four times the clarity and detail of HD. The channel presents massive concerts by top stadium fillers, must-see theatre productions, colorful circuses, electrifying DJ sets, beautiful ballet and opera performances - and everything in between!
- Stingray Now 4K delivers the most wide-ranging and diverse 4K music video programming on television: A diverse, 24/7 programming of today’s top hits, indie gems, and stunning videos by up-and-coming artists from around the world.
Stingray Festival 4K and Stingray Now 4K are now available to Optik TV subscribers with 4K digital box.
Montreal-based Stingray (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading music, media, and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, SVOD content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, and music apps, which have been downloaded over 101 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries. For more information: www.stingray.com.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications
1 514-664-1244, ext. 2362