Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are flat at the midday mark, as bulls hope to make it 7 up days in a row in the major indices. The consumer discretionary (XLY) and consumer staples (XLP) sectors are the most in the green, while real estate (XLRE) is the most in the red. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Company, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts and Myles Udland.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- GDP, durable goods point to tepid economy
- Can tech sustain the stock rally?
- Growth stalls at AT&T’s DirectTV Now: Bloomberg
- 70% of millennials have less than $1,000 for down payment
- Amazon opens grocery pickup kiosks for Prime members in Seattle
- Amazon’s NYC bookstore is not really for selling books
- How hiring managers and CEOs can support veterans