Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Thursday:
• Altria (NYSE:MO) stock gained 1.4% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (11:20 GMT) after its profit and revenue came in above forecasts, while it also said it took a $4.5 billion writedown on its investment in e-cigarette maker Juul due to Food and Drug Administration regulations related to vaping.
•Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) stock was up 2.2% in premarket trade after the coffee maker said iced coffee and other cold drinks helped boost same-store sales by 5% globally in the three months to September.
• Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) stock rose 4% as its earnings came in better than expected, with the ride-sharing company losing less money than forecast in the last quarter.
• Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:WDC) stock slumped 9% after news that its CEO Steve Milligan plans to retire.
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock inched up 1.7% after expanding iPad and AirPod sales cushioned a drop in iPhone sales in the final quarter of its fiscal year. The group forecast a return to revenue growth in the current quarter.
• Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) stock jumped 4.3% after its earnings came in much higher than expected, while its average revenue per user came in at $7.26, also higher than forecast.
• Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) stock slipped 1.7% after it said it will ban all political ads starting Nov. 22 as it attempts to address concerns about false information on social media sites.