Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Tuesday:
• Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock advanced 1.81% by 8:10 AM ET (13:10 GMT) and will likely be under scrutiny a day after it overtook Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) as the largest U.S. company by market capitalization.
• Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) stock traded up 1.64% as the company announced that its Drive AutoPilot platform would be ready in 2020.
• PG&E (NYSE:PCG) stock slumped 2.64% as Standard & Poor’s cut its rating to junk and warned of a further downgrade.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock rose 1.98% as an SEC filing showed that its independent director Larry Ellison holds 3 million shares in the company.
• Canopy Growth (NYSE:CGC) stock rose 1.04% after the company updated its plans to enter the U.S. market and said that it expects to yield 7,000 kilograms annually of hemp-derived CBD.
• Disney (NYSE:DIS) stock gained 1.08% after the company announced that it will partner with Verizon (NYSE:VZ) to study 5G opportunities.
• Bayer (DE:BAYGN) stock gained 2.25% in Germany as India’s Supreme Court ruled that its U.S. seedmaker Monsanto can claim patents on its genetically modified (GM) cotton seeds.