Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND) stock surged 24.6% by 8:15 AM ET (12:15 GMT) after the plant-based meat alternative company’s first earnings report since going public was better than expected. Sales are expected to double this year, the company added.
• Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ:ZM) stock soared 14.8% as it reported first-quarter sales that doubled over the last year to $122 million.
• DocuSign (NASDAQ:DOCU) stock lost 14.6% after its billings grew at a lower rate than in previous quarters, even as its first-quarter results beat estimates on the top and bottom lines.
• Barnes and Noble (NYSE:BKS) stock jumped 10.2% on reports that activist firm Elliott Management is acquiring the bookseller for $683 million, including debt.
• Boeing (NYSE:BA) stock was unmoved, despite news that Qatar Airways is the latest company to seek compensation for the grounding of Boeing’s 737 Max airplanes. Three of Italian airline Air Italy's jets are grounded. Qatar Airways is a major shareholder in Air Italy.
• Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) stock was up 5.9%. The New York Post reported that it found the takeover offer from Eldorado Resorts (NASDAQ:ERI), around $10.50 a share according to sources, was underwhelming. But several other reports said the two companies were moving closer to a deal, citing sources.