Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Wednesday:
• Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) stock fell 1.2% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (13:20 GMT) as organic sales fell by 1% and it lowered its full-year sales growth outlook.
• Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL) stock inched up 0.8% on news that co-founder Larry Page is stepping down as CEO and will be replaced by the CEO of its Google unit, Sundar Pichai.
• Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON) stock gained 1.8% after falling 10% on Tuesday over a holiday ad that some viewers claim is sexist. Critics have asked that the ad, which depicts a woman recording a video diary of an exercise bike her partner gave her, be taken down.
• Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) stock was up 0.2%, but was held back slightly after the Seoul High Court upheld a $873 million fine from South Korea’s antitrust regulator for abuse of its dominant position in the mobile phone market. The chipmaker said it will appeal the decision.
• Boeing (NYSE:BA) stock rose 0.5%, even as United Airlines said it was buying 50 new jets from rival airplane maker Airbus, replacing the airline’s 53 Boeing 757-200 jets beginning in 2024.