Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Wednesday:
• Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) stock sank 6.5% by 7:55 AM ET (13:55 GMT) as the company’s revenue missed consensus, despite oil and gas productio falling by less than expected.
• Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) stock fell 2.5% after it posted a wider-than-expected loss in its first earnings report as a public company. Lyft’s revenue did top consensus and the company suggested that losses would peak this year.
• TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) stock tumbled 6.6% after the company reported lower-than-expected hotel and restaurant revenues in the first quarter.
• Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) stock surged 6.8% after the company reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue and forecast annual sales that topped consensus.
• Sprint (NYSE:S) stock lost 2.4% after news that the company lost more phone subscribers than expected during its fiscal fourth quarter.
• Match Group (NASDAQ:MTCH) stock soared 7.3% after the company added more subscribers than expected.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock slipped 0.7% after announcing that it closed its $2.7 billion offering of stock and convertible notes, giving the electric carmaker much needed cash with which to ramp up production.