Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Dollar General (NYSE:DG) stock soared 5.3% by 8:11 AM ET (12:11 GMT) after the retailer reported better-than-expected first quarter earnings and comparable sales also topped consensus.
• Express (NYSE:EXPR) stock surged 8.8% as the company’s quarterly loss per share turned out less than half what investors feared.
• Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR) stock fell 1.4% after quarterly profit matched consensus. Overall same-store sales beat FactSet forecasts, although Reuters reported that the increase at its namesake stores missed expectations.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock fell 0.6%, as Barclays cut its price target to $150 from $192 based on the opinion that the company is “stalling as a niche automaker”, according to CNBC.
• Palo Alto Networks (NYSE:PANW) stock sank 7.3% despite better-than-expected fiscal third-quarter earnings, after the company announced that it plans to acquire both Twistlock and PureSec.
• PVH (NYSE:PVH) stock tumbled 9.3% after the owner of brands such as Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger provided a weak guidance for the current quarter.