Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are lower at the midday mark, with the real estate (XLRE) sector leading the way down, while the tech (XLF) and energy (XLV) sectors are still in the green. To discuss the big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Myles Udland and Seana Smith.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- Quarterly earnings expected to grow +13.5%
- Oil in investors’ crosshairs again after hitting 6-month low
- Jack Bogle envisions ‘chaos, catastrophe’ in markets if everyone indexed
- Warren Buffett defends airline sector investments
- Facebook to unveil TV-like shows next month: report
- Surprise! Mark Zuckerberg wants have dinner at your house