Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Monday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock gained 1.9% by 8:09 AM ET (12:09 GMT) after U.S. President Donald Trump said he had a conversation with the company’s chief executive, Tim Cook, about the impact of U.S. tariffs. Trump said that Cook “made a good case” in his argument that tariffs would damage the company, giving South Korean rival Samsung (KS:005930) an unfair advantage, and said he was thinking over their conversation.
• Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) stock soared 6.3% after the company reported earnings that beat consensus on the top and bottom line and provided better-than-expected full-year guidance.
• PG&E (NYSE:PCG) stock tumbled 24.4% after a judge ruled that the company can keep sole control of its plans to exit bankruptcy. Two groups of creditors had prepped their own proposals.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock rose 1.5% after CEO Elon Musk announced over the weekend that the company would allow consumers to rent rooftop solar panels rather than buy them in an effort to win back lost market share.
• Target (NYSE:TGT) stock traded up 1.8% as the company said it would launch its largest privately-owned food and beverage brand, Good & Gather, both in stores and online on Sept. 15.