Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS) stock dipped 0.5% by 8:06 AM ET (1206 GMT) despite better-than-expected first-quarter earnings. Analysts said that much of the good news from the report was already priced in to the stock and noted that the company also wrote down its investment in Vice Media, by $353 million, for the second time in less than a year.
• Fox (NASDAQ:FOX) stock soared 5.4% after the company reported quarterly earnings that beat consensus.
• Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC) stock dipped 0.3% while reports surfaced that the company had launched the sale of its baby food brand Plasmon with preliminary bids due by the end of next week.
• Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) stock slumped 2.6% as BMO Capital downgraded the company to market perform from outperform due to worries over margin compression, according to CNBC.
• Costco (NASDAQ:COST) stock gained 1.1% after the company reported a better-than-expected increase in April same-store sales.
• Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) stock tumbled 46.9% after the company cut its full-year guidance.
• Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) stock surged 9.4% as it reported a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss and average revenue per user also topped forecasts.