Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Tuesday:
• Home Depot (NYSE:HD) stock fell 3.25% by 8:17 AM ET (13:17 GMT) after the company reported profit and comparable store sales that missed consensus a forecast a slowdown in 2019 comparable sales growth.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock slumped 3.04% after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission accused Chief Executive Elon Musk of violating a legal agreement with it by tweeting material information about the company. Musk retorted via his Twitter account, claiming that “something is broken with SEC oversight."
• Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) stock sank 3.37% after UBS downgraded its recommendation all the way to sell from buy on its prediction that the company’s end markets will peak this year and then fall in 2020.
• Hertz Global (NYSE:HTZ) stock surged 10.94% after the company reported better-than-expected profit for the fourth quarter.
• Mosaic NYSE:MOS) stock jumped 5.13% after the company reported better-than-expected quarterly results and doubled its dividend.
• Range Resources (NYSE:RRC) stock rose 2.54% after the company reported fourth-quarter adjusted earnings that topped consensus.
• Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) stock surged 14.78% after the company reported fourth-quarter results that beat on the top and bottom lines.