Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Kroger (NYSE:KR) stock plunged 9.46% by 8:18 AM ET (13:18 GMT) as the company reported fourth-quarter results that missed consensus due to heavy investment spending. The company's earnings guidance was also below what the street had expected.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock rose 0.62% as the company debuted its V3 Superchargers, highlighting that the new system could charge its vehicles faster.
• Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock was little changed as the company announced plans to close U.S. pop-up stores in order to focus on opening more book stores.
• Guidewire Software (NYSE:GWRE) stock surged 10.83% after quarterly profit smashed expectations and the company boosted its guidance for the fiscal third quarter.
• American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) stock slumped 3.38% after the company offered a softer-than-expected first-quarter guidance.
• Allergan (NYSE:AGN) stock fell 1.10% after the company said it was “deeply disappointed” with the test results for its depression treatment rapastinel.