Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Thursday:
• Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ:LULU) stock jumped 4.5% by 8:15 AM ET (12:15 GMT) after its first-quarter earnings were better than expected. The company also raised its full-year guidance. Revenue was driven by same-store sales, which grew by 14% in the first quarter.
• Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) and Chevron (NYSE:CVX) stock gained 0.9% and 1.2% respectively, as the price of crude oil futures surged in the wake of an attack on two oil tankers near the Persian Gulf.
• Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) stock rose 0.3% despite a Wall Street Journal report alleging that CEO Mark Zuckerberg may have known of the company’s questionable privacy practices.
• Uber (NYSE:UBER) and Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) stock were both up 1.3% after Evercore initiated coverage of both ride-sharing companies to “outperform” as the performance of the two stocks are closely linked.
• Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) stock inched up 0.7% on news that the Chinese e-commerce giant has filed for a Hong Kong initial public offering, according to multiple reports.