Investing.com - Stocks moving after hours include:
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) shares were up more than 5% to about $163 as investors seemed bullish on first-quarter results. Earnings and revenue beat estimates, although came in lower than a year ago. Problems in China and with iPhone sales held sales and profit back. But Apple still has $130 billion in cash at its disposal.
- Shares of chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) moved higher as the company said it sees a stronger-than-expected performance in 2019. Fourth-quarter revenue missed estimates, however.
- Medical-equipment maker Stryker (NYSE:SYK) shares were up nearly 5% to $169 after hours after fourth-quarter revenue beat estimates.
- Shares of eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) were down nearly 1% to $33.40, even as fourth-quarter earnings and revenue beat estimates. The stock has largely recovered its steep decline between August and Christmas. But the shares are still off about 29% from its 52-week high reached in January 2018.
- Principal Financial Group (NASDAQ:PFG) shares were flat at $49.62. They did slide as much as 3.2% after hours. The Des Moines, Iowa,-based insurance and financial services company reported operating earnings of $1.11, below the Street estimate by 18 cents.