Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Thursday:
•Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) stock gained 8% in premarket trade by 8:30 AM ET (12:30 GMT) after it added 6.8 million new customers last quarter, a strong improvement from earlier in the year. It also generated more profit than expected.
• Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) stock rose 3.7% after its third-quarter profit beat estimates, coming in at $1.27 per share. The quarter was strong despite a summer slowdown and volatile markets, said Chairman and CEO James Gorman.
• Honeywell International (NYSE:HON) stock inched up 0.4% after earnings came in better than expected, even as revenue fell short of forecasts. The company narrowed its guidance for the full year, pushing the midpoint of its per-share earnings range up to $8.125 from $8.05.
• International Business Machines (NYSE:IBM) stock slumped 6.1% after revenue failed to meet expectations, as the company's years-long trend of falling sales reasserted itself despite the acquisition of Red Hat.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock ticked up 0.9% on news that it received manufacturing approval from Chinese regulators, which means it can begin production on its $2 billion factory in Shanghai.
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock was up 0.5% even after the Financial Times reported that its Apple Pay service is being examined for antitrust concerns by European Union regulators.