Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Friday:
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock advanced 1.69% by 8:07 AM ET (13:07 GMT) as the company said it would begin delivering its Model 3 to China in March.
• Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) stock traded up 2.65% as Bank of America Merrill Lynch (NYSE:BAC) upgraded its recommendation to buy and increased its price target to $60, according to CNBC.
• Square (NYSE:SQ) stock gained 2.16% after the company announced it had hired Amrita Ahuja as its new chief financial officer. Ahuja worked as CFO at Blizzard Entertainment, a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI).
• Flex Pharma (NASDAQ:FLKS) stock soared 48.41% as the company announced a merger agreement with Salarius Pharmaceuticals.
• Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) stock gained 0.54% after the company took steps to ban some iPhone models in Germany.
• GameStop (NYSE:GME) stock soared 11.80% after The Wall Street Journal reported that a buyout offer could be announced by mid-February.
• Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) stock could see movement in the regular session as the company cut its estimate for the number of customer records stolen in a cyber attack in December.