Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) stock rose 2.02% by 8:10 AM ET (13:10 GMT) as the company reported quarterly profit that topped analysts’ estimates although its current-quarter guidance was below consensus.
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock gained 0.42% amid a CNBC report that the company dismissed more than 200 employees from its autonomous vehicle group.
• STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) stock soared 9.15% after fourth-quarter results beat estimates on the top and bottom lines.
• Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS) stock sank 6.18% after weaker-than-expected guidance for both revenue and earnings.
• Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) stock inched up 0.15% despite news that the company’s Bing search engine was shut down in China.
• Ford (NYSE:F) stock was little changed after the company reported adjusted earnings per share for the fourth quarter that were in line with the updated forecast its executives provided just last week.
• Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) stock slumped 3.44% after reporting disappointing quarterly profit and revenue numbers.